ASRock X470 Taichi
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16
Powercolor rx 590
Thermaltake view 32 tg rgb

I have my aio as an exhaust up top.
Idle temps are around 40-50c, sometimes it drops to 37-38c

Are these temps normal for my pc?
https://imgur.com/a/8EXeX6J

I tested the max temps using Prime95 for around 5 minutes.

Solution
Hi!

I have the same problem with basically the same build except i have a stock cooler.

Strangely for me that temperature seems normal for this CPU as i have the same 40-50 degrees celsius at idle.

What i did was set the coolers fan curve to constant 30% at lower temps so now at idle it doesnt fluctuate at least just stays at ~45 degrees. I still don't know why the constant heating on idle. Btw i have 0 knowledge about water cooling and how it works so it might be different for you.

I suggest turning off PBO in Ryzen Master and seeing if it still heats up. At least that's what I'll do getting home. If it doesn't heat up that way then it probably is because of PBO and i would consider it normal.

Link to my thread...
Jan 9, 2019
Hi!

I have the same problem with basically the same build except i have a stock cooler.

Strangely for me that temperature seems normal for this CPU as i have the same 40-50 degrees celsius at idle.

What i did was set the coolers fan curve to constant 30% at lower temps so now at idle it doesnt fluctuate at least just stays at ~45 degrees. I still don't know why the constant heating on idle. Btw i have 0 knowledge about water cooling and how it works so it might be different for you.

I suggest turning off PBO in Ryzen Master and seeing if it still heats up. At least that's what I'll do getting home. If it doesn't heat up that way then it probably is because of PBO and i would consider it normal.

Link to my thread:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3866224/ryzen-2600x-issues-heat-fan-speed-sound-core-clock-voltage.html

Solution

TRENDING THREADS