[SOLVED] ryzen 2600x

Lucilius

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
I just built a computer with a ryzen 2600x and was wondering what kind of thermals I should b expecting? I have an AsRock B450M Pro 4 and 16 of 3200 ram (enabled through xmp). What are some benchmarks you would recommend and what numbers I can expect?

Solution
As a reference, I have a Ryzen 5 2600 that I run OC'd to 4 GHz.
I have an Arctic 33 eSports Edition dual fan cooler.
I have a mesh front mid tower case with 3 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans.
See my signature for my full specs.
My room temperature is around 23C (73-74F) and my CPU idles at 28-30C and maxes out around 55-56C after playing a current AAA game for 3 to 4 hours.
Cinebench R20 is good to check your CPU's performance.
I use the Aida64 stability test to ensure my OC (CPU and RAM) is stable.
I also used the Assassin's Creed: Odyssey abd FF XV Benchmarks to check gaming performance.
Cinebench R20, and it really depends on whether you're using stock cooling, if it's an open case or not, and the temperature outside. Stock cooler, closed case in a tempered room should yield around 50°C with moderate browsing after a few hours. At full, sustained load, as long as you don't go too far over 80°C, then it's normal. Over 90°C though, there's a problem.
It also depends on your video card/GPU : if it gets very hot, it will raise temperature in your case - you should keep an eye on temperatures while gaming. If you use an open case though, Cinebench R20 should do the trick.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
As a reference, I have a Ryzen 5 2600 that I run OC'd to 4 GHz.
I have an Arctic 33 eSports Edition dual fan cooler.
I have a mesh front mid tower case with 3 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans.
See my signature for my full specs.
My room temperature is around 23C (73-74F) and my CPU idles at 28-30C and maxes out around 55-56C after playing a current AAA game for 3 to 4 hours.
Cinebench R20 is good to check your CPU's performance.
I use the Aida64 stability test to ensure my OC (CPU and RAM) is stable.
I also used the Assassin's Creed: Odyssey abd FF XV Benchmarks to check gaming performance.

Solution