Question Ryzen 2700 Asus x470 Prime pro

Shadsy

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013
Hello so I want to ask someone with more knowlage so I build a PC last xmas with my Brother we made pretty much same builds except he went gigabyte I went Asus.
I noticed an interesting thing in HWINFO64 there is this difference on my system and his how it shows cores.

Here is his:
kM4D9ft.png

Here is mine:
b6WuHAs.png

Is the lower boost on my asus normal? is it only diffrences in AMD chips or some setting on the Asus board or something else?

Thank you

Hello so I want to ask someone with more knowlage so I build a PC last xmas with my Brother we made pretty much same builds except he went gigabyte I went Asus.
I noticed an interesting thing in HWINFO64 there is this difference on my system and his how it shows cores.

Here is his:
kM4D9ft.png

Here is mine:
b6WuHAs.png

Is the lower boost on my asus normal? is it only diffrences in AMD chips or some setting on the Asus board or something else?

Thank you
HWinfo and similar programs read from BIOS, not from CPU directly.

Dec 6, 2019
What you see there is just starting frequency, how far does it boosts when you choose "Sensors only". Do you have PBO enabled and set to maximums ? '

No we don't, really want to overclock
checked ryzen master.
My Gigabyte board shows it going to 3500 (when running discord etc)
Time Spy is: 6204
Graphics Score: 3000
CPU Score: 7692

My brothers Asus Prime board shows it going to 3375.
Time Spy is: 6048
Graphics Score: 5883
CPU Score: 7198

We tested prime95 that also dosnt seem to boost it to the same speeds as mine.
And I know every processor is different and not exact but it should be a 235 Mhz difference.

Last edited: