Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
Hi everyone
My pc broke and went in for warranty
The motherboard broke and so did te gpu and cpu
Gtx 1070
B350 pro

They replaced the gpu with rx5700
And the motherboard with a b450 asus prime a since i live in south africa older parts aren't available so im guessing it will be replaced with a 2700 or that price point which the 3600 is in which is the better choice i do alot of gaming but im going to study vfx/ video editing which would be the best option ?

Thank you for help

WildCard999

Titan
The 3600 would be better for gaming but the additional cores/threads on the 2700 would be better for video editing but you really can't go wrong with either. If you do go for the 3600 just make sure the motherboard BIOS is up to date or it won't work.

scallumal

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
The
The 3600 would be better for gaming but the additional cores/threads on the 2700 would be better for video editing but you really can't go wrong with either. If you do go for the 3600 just make sure the motherboard BIOS is up to date or it won't work.
The people fixing the pc will take care of it

I read that, that specific mobo supports pcie gen 4 would it be beneficial for video editing? (Idk if it lost support for it)

WildCard999

Titan
The people fixing the pc will take care of it

I read that, that specific mobo supports pcie gen 4 would it be beneficial for video editing? (Idk if it lost support for it)
There was some attempts to get PCIE 4.0 to work on second gen boards but there was issues with it so support has ceased from what I've read. The only way to get PCIE 4.0 is to buy a X570 board but there quite expensive.

scallumal

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
There was some attempts to get PCIE 4.0 to work on second gen boards but there was issues with it so support has ceased from what I've read. The only way to get PCIE 4.0 is to buy a X570 board but there quite expensive.
Okay thanks thats unfortunate since i read it did and was hoping to utilize it on the page i read they did say it will one day stop suppporting it so cant i just go back on the bios?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.to...x470-motherboards-pcie-4.0-support,39859.html