Apr 28, 2020
Hi I'm trying to do a modest overclock of my CPU. Yes I am using the Stock Wraith Cooler but it barely reaches 70C under load so I figure I should have some thermal headroom for a modest 200-300MHz overclock, especially because my CPU refuses to boost under load.

At default my Bios reports a VCore of 1.376V which seems rather high. When I bump the clocks up from 3200MHz to 3400 however it reports dropping to 1.000 flat, which I cannot make heads or tails of. Additionally when I overclock, be it in the BIOS or with Ryzen Master, all readings for CPU PPT Limit, CPU TDC Limit, and CPU EDC limit disappear, even in HWinfo.

My main questions are what is a good/low starting Vcore to start with? Why does my Mobo report such a drastic Vcore decrease when bumping up 200MHz? Why are these bugs regarding power limits disappearing happening and how do I fix it?

For info I am using an MSI B450M Pro vdh Max motherboard, a Corsair CX 600M 600 Watt PSU (it is about 5 years old at this point tho), have 16GB of DDR4 ram overclocked to 3000MHz from 2933MHz with timings tightened from CL18 to CL16 (confirmed stable with Memtest), an RX 5600 XT. an Nvme, sata ssd, and HDD drives.

Thank you!

Apr 28, 2020
I've settled on a core voltage of 1.2 at 3.4 GHz with a peak temperature of 87.5C under a Prime 95 test.
I'm still worried about EDC, TDC, and PPT numbers not appearing in Ryzen Master or HWinfo and would like to know if anyone has a fix.

TRENDING THREADS