[SOLVED] Ryzen 2700x and 32 gb GSkill 3200 mhz only able to achieve 2800 mhz on docp.

Jan 12, 2021
I am having this issue with 4 sticks of gskill 3200. I have docp turned on, but can not boot at 3200 but can with 2800 as my highest. Any ideas? Also I can achieve 3200 with 2 sticks just not 4.

Solution

I'd agree. You can use the slots, just not at full speed. This has been shown in every major review of Ryzen. It's commonly know, but if you're not aware of it, it's a pain in the rear end!

If you increase the SOC voltage a fraction, you may be able to get them to run at faster speeds. It might take a little bit of tinkering around in the bios. It can be done.

I'd agree. You can use the slots, just not at full speed. This has been shown in every major review of Ryzen. It's commonly know, but if you're not aware of it, it's a pain in the rear end!

If you increase the SOC voltage a fraction, you may be able to get them to run at faster speeds. It might take a little bit of tinkering around in the bios. It can be done.

Reactions: Ruckus Inc
Solution

Wendigo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2002
AFAIK, with 4 slots the fastest speed officially supported by 2nd gen Ryzen is 2133 MHz. So it’s not surprising it doesn’t work at 3000...

The 2933Mhz spec is for up to two slots.

TRENDING THREADS