Question Ryzen 2700x Conductonaut build temps.

Feb 27, 2019
I think maybe I made a mistake with application (and choice) to go with liquid metal conductonaut. Stock speeds prime95 putting me at 72C with corsair h100i pro after 15 mins small test. Hwmonitor comes in a little lower and the h100i pro corsair software shows 32 C.

Who do I believe? And do those temps sound like I did a bad application and should reapply prior to overclocking?

Feb 27, 2019
stabilizes. An article way too late after ordering the conductonaut that said it's mostly best for delidding intels that arent soldered. But I thought I would get a bit better heat management between the aio and CPU with the liquid metal and thought I would give it a go. Still need an answer on if 72 C stock speed prime 95 temps is high for a liquid metal h100i pro build.

My main question is still if I should attempt a reapplication.

Feb 27, 2019
Yeah, I would say there is an issue with the installation of the cooling system. But I doubt that it is the TIM. What was the temp before you switched to the that liq. metal TIM?And are you installing it correctly?

It's a brand new build. And brand new cooler. First time application of liquid metal. Not sure if I applied enough liquid metal. A pin sized drop is rather vague. I got it to spread to within 2 mm of the die edge and a thin layer in middle of the AIO.

Feb 27, 2019
Yeah, I would say there is an issue with the installation of the cooling system. But I doubt that it is the TIM. What was the temp before you switched to the that liq. metal TIM?And are you installing it correctly?

If I'm doing a reseating/reapplication should I remove the old liquid metal and start from scratch or just bedspread and possibly add more?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think it's a good idea to reuse the TIM, no matter how little use it has had. I would clean the surfaces and start over. But are you sure the problem isn't elsewhere? Mounting of the pump? Is the AIO wired properly? Has the system ever had proper CPU core temps?

Feb 27, 2019
I don't think it's a good idea to reuse the TIM, no matter how little use it has had. I would clean the surfaces and start over. But are you sure the problem isn't elsewhere? Mounting of the pump? Is the AIO wired properly? Has the system ever had proper CPU core temps?

It's only ever been on this new ryzen 7 build. Prior I had athlon II 6x1100TBE 10 years old.
Literally nothing from that build in this system. Old system was the same (older gen) h100 and ran a little cooler. 33 idle, this is at 46 idle but cant compare ryzen to athlon. I did have some trouble mounting initially then just restored the liquid metal Tim. Could that have caused issues? Air bubbles or something?

Its 100% wired perfectly.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Just out of curiosity, what is the pump RPM? I presume it is getting the full +12v supplied via the SATA connector.
It should be around 4000 RPM or more if I'm remembering right.
The pump runs at full speed, the fans run only at the speed needed.

Feb 27, 2019
Just out of curiosity, what is the pump RPM? I presume it is getting the full +12v supplied via the SATA connector.
The pump runs at full speed, the fans run only at the speed needed.

Pump is only starting about 2700 RPM'S its chart in the software shows it ramping up to a plateau then dropping back down to idle speeds then ramping back up again. It seems to have 2 speeds.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Pump is only starting about 2700 RPM'S its chart in the software shows it ramping up to a plateau then dropping back down to idle speeds then ramping back up again. It seems to have 2 speeds.
OK. It works differently than the pump on my little H60 AIO, I guess. Mine runs full RPM all the time because I had it plugged into the CH FAN header and set to full speed.

I wonder if that is the issue. Not running fast enough at idle. Ehat is the pump RPM at full CPU load? What are the core temps then?