Question Ryzen 2700x High Temps on Idle and Stress.

Jan 3, 2020
Hello, a few days ago I assembled a new machine and noticed yesterday that my Ryzen 2700x works in IDLE with quite high temperature (50-55 degrees Celsius). I immediately replaced the Cooler Wraith Prism included in the set to SilentiumPC Fera 3 RGB. After full installation, I noticed that the temperatures only gently went down and the processor voltage has strange fluctuations where it jumps to about 1.40 V.
Through the OC Tweaker in my motherboard (ASUS TUF B450 Plus) I changed the multiplier to x40, which resulted in changing the basic clock frequency to 4GHz but interestingly, the voltage looks much more stable and stays around 1.335 V.
The temperature in IDLE at this moment is about 45 degrees, after running the AIDA64 stress test it reaches up to 84 degrees with the additional option of FPU Stress and Cache Stress. When only CPU Stress option is selected, the temperature has reached a maximum of 65 degrees.
I will only add that I managed to update the bios, and I measure temperatures using Aidy64, Ryzen Master and HWiNFO64. They are all similar.
Has anyone encountered such a problem, any tips?

Hello, a few days ago I assembled a new machine and noticed yesterday that my Ryzen 2700x works in IDLE with quite high temperature (50-55 degrees Celsius). I immediately replaced the Cooler Wraith Prism included in the set to SilentiumPC Fera 3 RGB. After full installation, I noticed that the temperatures only gently went down and the processor voltage has strange fluctuations where it jumps to about 1.40 V.
Through the OC Tweaker in my motherboard (ASUS TUF B450 Plus) I changed the multiplier to x40, which resulted in changing the basic clock frequency to 4GHz but interestingly, the voltage looks much more stable and stays around 1.335 V.
The temperature in IDLE at this moment is about 45 degrees, after running the AIDA64 stress test it reaches up to 84 degrees with the additional option of FPU Stress and Cache Stress. When only CPU Stress option is selected, the temperature has reached a maximum of 65 degrees.
I will only add that I managed to update the bios, and I measure temperatures using Aidy64, Ryzen Master and HWiNFO64. They are all similar.
Has anyone encountered such a problem, any tips?
OEM cooler is just barely enough but specially troublesome to people used to lower idle temps. Those idle temps are mostly caused by too high voltage at idle which is mostly BIOS fault. Don't know what would be a reason to keep higher voltage at idle and lower at full load ? Can mostly be lowered by using negative offset. Still of much less concern than max temps.
High load temps in mid 80s is not a problem when overclocking but PBO boost works best at up to 62-65c so best performance can had at those temps.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
As stress tests are synthetic they do push the CPU's temperature very high so 84c is perfectly fine.
It's your every day use in Windows and gaming that are important so as long as they are not too high you're fine.

You can use Windows Power Saving mode to get the CPU to run slower while just browsing the web etc and consequently drastically reduce temperatures.
Just put it back to Balanced for gaming or CPU intensive apps.

Andy