Question Ryzen 2700x high temps with AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2018
Been having some temperature issues since I switched out my Ryzen 5 1600 to the 2700x. Idle temps seem to fluctuate a lot, but usually stay between 45 and 55 degrees. I played some World War Z for a couple hours and it got up to about 63 degrees peak. I was curious and did some Prime 95 testing and after about 4 or so minutes it was up to 77 so i called it. I've never had a processor run this hot so obviously it freaks me the hell out lmao. I'm using a coolermaster ML240L that has great airflow, and my case has great airflow as well. I also reapplied arctic MX-4 a few times thinking it was my dumbass not applying properly, but to no avail. A user on r/buildapc suggested I use this graphite thermal pad, and That's what I'm currently using.

Any suggestions? Does this chip just run hot or is my AIO dead af? Probably worth mentioning I am running on windows balanced power mode as per some suggestions with using google. Any and all advice is definitely appreciated.

Dec 29, 2018
Make sure you have set your fan/pump speed to 100% in BIOS. Also make sure it's set to DC and not PWM.

What version P95 are you using? If it's later than 26.6(I think) it uses AVX instructions and hammers the CPU to crazy temps.

I have the speeds set to 100% in BIOS, and my version is 29.4 I believe so that would make sense. I just get a little worried about hitting mid 60's when gaming.

R_K

Honorable
Jul 22, 2014
Check if the Cooler making good contact with the CPU, check the screws and don't use thermal pads in between, just apply thermal paste in the middle with size of a pea(or rice).
Over applying thermal paste may increase temps

Status
Not open for further replies.