ryzen 2700x issues

Mursalin

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
I noticed alot of changes in my fps and i think bthere might be something wrong . In the bios it says im on 4.2ghz but on cpu z the multiplier changes ,somethis its on x22 or x42 on stress test the multiplier is always on x42 .

Another issue i noticed is that in ryzen master there are some thongs missing like PPT ,TDC,EDC.PTC here the image- https://imgur.com/a/laD2RIW

Picture from bios - https://imgur.com/a/qgDJthR
https://imgur.com/a/Zssv2R0

i dont understand whats going on but i cant play a game without lag or stuttering , drivers are all up too date . so thats not the issue . Games like black ops 4 are unplayable for due to the stuttering and lag

My specs
Ryzen 2700x
12gb ddr4
gtx 1080
x470 asus strix

thanks for any help in advance

Solution
If you don't understand how a botched memory configuration can affect EVERY single thing you do on any computer, then explaining it isn't going to be really helpful I'm afraid.

Your memory configuration is not a standard configuration. Not only are you lacking dual channel performance, you are probably running at MUCH lower than advertised speeds.

You have not provided us with the part numbers for your memory modules, so it's kind of hard to investigate that further. Also, screenshots of the CPU-Z memory and SPD tabs would be helpful.

Did you do the GPU driver clean install as outlined at the link I posted?

If you knew "what" your issue was, you wouldn't be here asking. We are trying to help you but that requires some participation...
Changing CPU frequency is normal. As long as it's about 4.2Ghz on all cores under fulls stress, I don't see an issue there.

Manually overclocking might improve things there a little bit, but not tremendously.

12GB is or at least might be, an issue. Is that 3 x4GB or 8GB + 4GB? What are the model numbers of ALL memory modules?

Being up to date on drivers is often not enough. Make sure you have the MOST recent motherboard bios installed and do a CLEAN install of the GPU card drivers using the DDU.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

Possibly more important than any of that, what is the EXACT model number of your power supply?

One issue that isn't helping is the memory configuration, Ryzen is still a little fussy about using even matched pairs and will run memory at lower speeds with all 4 slots populated, so you first need to set up the memory so you have a matched pair in dual channel configuration.
Also, Ryzen is sensitive to memory speed, according to your screenshots DOCP ( the AMD version of XMP ) isn't turned on, assuming your memory is compatible and capable of running faster than DDR4 2400, once you have a matched pair in dual channel, turn it on.
Realistically, don't bother overclocking, just let the hardware do its stuff, AMD have pushed these chips just about as hard as they will go.
As Barkbreeze says: Update the motherboard BIOS if there's a newer revision available.

That's probably a large part of your issue. Ryzen dislikes oddball memory configurations even more than Intel or past AMD platforms. It also seriously dislikes certain modules using lower quality memory chips.

I would highly advise that your first step be figuring out a way to sell those modules or use them elsewhere, and get a 2 x8GB memory kit in either 3000mhz or 3200mhz speeds. Any of the modules listed here are verified to be a good fit with Ryzen platforms.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/18051-memory/1627555-ryzen-memory-ic-collection-thread.html

Just about any CAS 14 DDR4 module that is 3000mhz or higher is probably using Samsung B-die ICs, which Ryzen tends to greatly favor.

If you don't understand how a botched memory configuration can affect EVERY single thing you do on any computer, then explaining it isn't going to be really helpful I'm afraid.

Your memory configuration is not a standard configuration. Not only are you lacking dual channel performance, you are probably running at MUCH lower than advertised speeds.

You have not provided us with the part numbers for your memory modules, so it's kind of hard to investigate that further. Also, screenshots of the CPU-Z memory and SPD tabs would be helpful.

Did you do the GPU driver clean install as outlined at the link I posted?

If you knew "what" your issue was, you wouldn't be here asking. We are trying to help you but that requires some participation and assumes you understand that we deal with a variety of issues on a daily basis that allows us to have a unique perspective on what hampers performance and what doesn't. There probably isn't going to be a magic bullet. It's probably going to be a combination of factors. You either want to heed the offered advice or you don't. It's totally up to you.

Solution
darkbreeze has tried to explain but just to make this as clear as possible.

Your Ryzen system is not running at the best level it can. You have used 2 mismatched RAM modules which means you are running the RAM at it's slowest speed of 2400 because the faster 2666 RAM will default to the slowest speed (2400) and most importantly you are not benefiting from Dual Chanel mode which will also cause issues in terms of not getting the best performance.

Bottom line, it would be much better to buy another stick of 8GB RAM at 2666 and make sure it is the same make as the one you already have...Also Ryzen needs good memory and likes fast memory, the faster the better as it actually does make a difference, so for most 3000Mhz or 3200Mhz ram is the go to speed for best overall performance, though even just adding a second 2666MHz stick will finally have your system running much, much better...

Mursalin

Prominent
Apr 8, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Mursalin : "Lag spikes in black ops 4 and other games"

Im having issues with my games , Black ops 4 is sometimes unplayable for me because of the lag . Whenever i try to shoot someone my shots get recognized too late and i get a connection interrupted warning . Im frustrated and have been looking for a fix .

my internet speed https://imgur.com/a/CSzXEgU

specs

ryzen 2700x
gtx 1080
12gb ddr4
x470 motherboard
cx600 psu

i get stuttering too sometimes but not that much , but the lag is irritating

thanks in advance

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION