[SOLVED] ryzen 2700x or 3000

ELM2721

Prominent
May 28, 2019
Hi . so I play games at 1080P 60hz . I just want to get a new cpu because my current one is bottlenecking my rtx 2060 . should I wait for the 3000 series or get the 2700x .( the 2700x price is the max I can pay I cant stretch my budget) .

Solution
This is good news. Hope wheb they ship with the same price also to my country. Everything is expensive herr
The 3700X has the same MSRP as the 2700X. The 2700X is selling below MSRP these days, so the price of the 3700X will likely be higher than the current price of the 2700X.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Without knowing location, I would point out that MicroCenter currently has the 2700x on sale for $200.
I just upgraded from a 1700 to the 2700x and couldn't be happier. I have an x370 mobo, so am missing some of the features, but pretty awesome so far.

IMO, if Ryzen 2 comes out and is as much better than R+ was to "1", it will be a worthy upgrade. I will say though, that with motherboard and release pricing there is something to be said for a wait and see attitude. I don't expect pricing breaks till at or around Christmas. For the above mentioned sale price, it made the wait worth it to me.

As a side note, even R1 should be able to destroy 1080/60 gaming. I would suggest that if you can't make that, there may be some other factor at play.

Reactions: DMAN999

ELM2721

Prominent
May 28, 2019
Forgot to say that i have a B450M Aorus Mobo will that be good with the new series. And what about the prices . Will the cpu that will be close to the price of the 2700x be alot better in ur opinion?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
For 60 FPS gaming there likely will be little difference between any current ~$140+ CPU, including the Ryzen 3K CPUs when they come out.

The Ryzen 3600X's MSRP is around what a 2700X is currently going for. I would expect it to perform a bit better in gaming (if you want >60 FPS) because of higher single threaded performance, but you lose 2 cores/4 threads.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I will check for that thanks for the help

At one point AMD did what they called a "boot kit" which was in essence a loaner CPU that would basically do nothing more than allow you to post and change your BIOS. I am unsure if they are still offering that, but might be worth checking into. There is a chance that the 450 board won't boot on 3xxx. I know that speaking for my mobo, there isn't even a BIOS revision available to utilize it, as of yet.