Ryzen 2700X Ram

Aug 27, 2018
I have 32GB 4x8 of Corsair Vengeance LPX. Will this Ram behave on a x470 Crosshair Vii?
On the intel platform I can OC it to 3100, but it is rated to 3000.
sengqv.jpg

I am sure this question has been answered somewhere, but specifically on the x470 as it seems from looking around that some ram issues have been solved on the newer motherboards. The ram is on the QVL, but I am not sure if all 4 sticks will run at 3000 or some lower number. Also the Ram is Hynix.

Solution
Support for Hynix has greatly improved but Samsung's are still better. Doesn't mean Hynix wont run at rated speeds and also Micron IC chips for that matter, just might need a bit more effort in tweaking getting them to run at these speeds as said.

procODT setting is another avenue to explore. People have had success setting from auto to 40ohms ~ 53ohms. No idea exactly what that does, i just seen plenty of posts about procODT.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes it's been answered. Since I'm here I'll say this, you can have the ram set manually to run at DDR4-3000 with the timings, frequency and voltage keyed in BIOS. If you want to go to higher frequency's you will need to increase the voltage to 1.35v and the relax timings. You results will vary ofc. On a side note, you shouldn't be aiming at DDR4-3100, rather DDR4-3200MHz is the sweet spot.

When overclocking/troubleshooting, it's customary to include your full system's specs.
;)

Aug 27, 2018
I am building it, starting off with Ryzen 2700x the ram mentioned above. Rog Crosshair Vii and the rest of the stuff I have a wall of, PSU's up to 1600w all corsair RM and HXi's, Graphics cards from 960's to 1080ti's, the usual high end components.
So the Hynix issues have been resolved?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Support for Hynix has greatly improved but Samsung's are still better. Doesn't mean Hynix wont run at rated speeds and also Micron IC chips for that matter, just might need a bit more effort in tweaking getting them to run at these speeds as said.

procODT setting is another avenue to explore. People have had success setting from auto to 40ohms ~ 53ohms. No idea exactly what that does, i just seen plenty of posts about procODT.

Solution