Question Ryzen 2700X temps

Skpstr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
Hi all, just completed my new PC.

Didn't have any games loaded yet, and even if I did, nothing I have will push it.

I ran Cinebench R20, and RealBench, (just regular, not stress test) but I couldn't figure out how to see the CPU temp.

I did have HWMonitor running in the background though, and after completing the tests, I checked HWM, and it gave me a max temp of 73°. (idle is as low as 31°, but checking it while downloading drivers and such, it would fluctuate between 31° and 43°)

Does this seem normal? Was my testing sufficient, or should I do something else in addition? Should I run the RealBench stress test?

Just want some opinions before I clean up my fan wires, in case I need to change the fan setup.

Oh, before I forget, I'm running stock Prism cooler, with no OC.

Hi all, just completed my new PC.

Didn't have any games loaded yet, and even if I did, nothing I have will push it.

I ran Cinebench R20, and RealBench, (just regular, not stress test) but I couldn't figure out how to see the CPU temp.

I did have HWMonitor running in the background though, and after completing the tests, I checked HWM, and it gave me a max temp of 73°. (idle is as low as 31°, but checking it while downloading drivers and such, it would fluctuate between 31° and 43°)

Does this seem normal? Was my testing sufficient, or should I do something else in addition? Should I run the RealBench stress test?

Just want some opinions before I clean up my fan wires, in case I need to change the fan setup.

Oh, before I forget, I'm running stock Prism cooler, with no OC.

73c whilst running Cinebench is fine- that is a pretty demanding benchmark that will hit all 8 cores so much higher load than you would typically expect in a game.

Max temp for Ryzen is 95C before it will throttle, 73 is comfortably below that.

Skpstr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
73c whilst running Cinebench is fine- that is a pretty demanding benchmark that will hit all 8 cores so much higher load than you would typically expect in a game.

Max temp for Ryzen is 95C before it will throttle, 73 is comfortably below that.

Thanks, good to hear! :)

So HWM is keeping track properly even though I'm running different tests? I'm pretty sure that's a yes, but just want to be sure. I spent 3x what I would normally spend on a build, so I'm being a bit of a Nervous Nelly lol.

Thanks, good to hear! :)

So HWM is keeping track properly even though I'm running different tests? I'm pretty sure that's a yes, but just want to be sure. I spent 3x what I would normally spend on a build, so I'm being a bit of a Nervous Nelly lol.

Yeah HWM should just be recording what the motherboard / cpu temp sensors are saying. Actually on that score, I believe AMD apply a temp offset on the X series chips to make sure they don't overheat (this is to kick cooling in sooner), so the actual CPU temp is 10 degrees lower than it shows (in which case you have no issues), that is unless HWM has been updated to account for that. Either way, those temps look fine.

Reactions: Skpstr

Skpstr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
HW Info is still best for Ryzen, it will also give you both temps, with and without 10c offset. Temperature to watch is CPU (Tdie).

Hmmm...... am I reading it right then? I'm looking at the only temp number I can see when I expand the CPU category, and it says (IIRC) "package".

EDIT: nvm, HW Info isn't the same thing. If that's the best for Ryzen, I'll try that one out too. Can't be too careful :)