Ryzen 2700x vs Threadripper 1900x(newer model vs good deal)

blitz00123

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
Apologies for creating another thread. I just created a thread hours ago about another topic.

Anyway, I just learned that Ryzen has dropped the price of gen 1 cpu's.Threadripper 1900x is now only around 330 USD on our local retailer.

The 2nd gen ryzen 2700x almost had the same price.

Now, which should I buy? Should I get the threadripper with good deal?or move on with the newer model of r7?

I'm a casual user and I use my Pc mostly in usual stuffs such as browsing, watching movies , sometimes video editing(includes recording videos of games) and programming. I also play some games. Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Dota 2, Overwatch. Etc.

I'm thinking of getting the threadripper to take advantage of the promo but I would like to get opinion from the tech people first.

Solution
I would go with the 2700X.
Both of the CPUs do have 8 Cores/ 16 Threads but the 2700X goes up to 4,35Ghz meanwhile the TR only reaches 3,8Ghz.
And you have think about a Motherboard. Am4 Mobo are usually way cheaper then their TR2 counterparts.

I am not sure, if quadchannel memory might gain you a big permorfance boosts in your taks but i doubt that.
And the Tr consumes up to 180Watts of power compared to the 105 Watts for the 2700X.
I would go with the 2700X.
Both of the CPUs do have 8 Cores/ 16 Threads but the 2700X goes up to 4,35Ghz meanwhile the TR only reaches 3,8Ghz.
And you have think about a Motherboard. Am4 Mobo are usually way cheaper then their TR2 counterparts.

I am not sure, if quadchannel memory might gain you a big permorfance boosts in your taks but i doubt that.
And the Tr consumes up to 180Watts of power compared to the 105 Watts for the 2700X.

Solution