Ryzen 3 1200 3.8Ghz Overclock

danieldotz

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Hello, i want to overclock my ryzen 3 1200 to 3.8 Ghz. What is a good voltage amount. I am using the stock cooler.

Solution
There is no set voltage that anyone can tell you that will get you to 3.8Ghz it differs for each CPU and motherboard combination. AMD recommends not exceeding 1.35v or the life of the chip may be reduced. Although you can safely go up to 1.45 volts but that will reduce the life of your chip. It'll also greatly depend on what CPU cooler you have as well because increased voltage adds heat. I suggest using the Ryzen master utility to dial in the overclock so you can monitor temps and stress test the stability of your OC before inputting the final values into the BIOS. My experience with this is you may have to up the voltage in the BIOS a bit more than what was required in the utility for a stable OC.

Insomniac Jack

Respectable
Mar 22, 2016
There is no set voltage that anyone can tell you that will get you to 3.8Ghz it differs for each CPU and motherboard combination. AMD recommends not exceeding 1.35v or the life of the chip may be reduced. Although you can safely go up to 1.45 volts but that will reduce the life of your chip. It'll also greatly depend on what CPU cooler you have as well because increased voltage adds heat. I suggest using the Ryzen master utility to dial in the overclock so you can monitor temps and stress test the stability of your OC before inputting the final values into the BIOS. My experience with this is you may have to up the voltage in the BIOS a bit more than what was required in the utility for a stable OC.

Solution