Question Ryzen 3 1200 cinebench r20 score 1241 good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2019
Got a score of 1241 on cinebench r20 with my ryzen 3 1200 at 3.8gbhz 1.35v ..... is this good or bad ?? If bad help please !!!!

Specs
Ryzen 3 1200 ( stock cooking )
Gigabyte aorus b450 elite am4
Radeon rx 570 strix
8gb ram 3000mhz

Any help greatly appreciated 👍🏻👍🏻

Those scores don't just reflect your CPU. They reflect the whole system. Therefore they can't be compared to other scores unless the compared systems have the exact same or very close hardware. Storage device speed, memory speed, graphics model and even the motherboard can all play a role.

Is your memory a single stick or a 2 x4GB kit? Is it running in dual channel? Is it actually running AT 3000mhz (Did you enable the XMP memory profile in the BIOS?) or in single channel?

You can check this by downloading and installing CPU-Z and looking on the memory and SPD tabs. On the SPD tab you will need to select the DIMM slots, individually, that the memory is installed in to see the current specs for the sticks in those slots. Post screenshots here using the toolbar above each post. You'll need to host the images elsewhere on a hosting site like imgur or tinypic.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That is slower than my 7 year old i7-3770. It garnered a 1421 cb score. And that was with Thunderbird and Firefox open in the background. In fairness, the old i7-3770 is 4C/8T, while the Ryzen 3 1200 is only 4C/4T. If you'd like I can run it again with HT disabled?

Your 3770 has a higher single core performance rating than that Ryzen, PLUS four more threads, so yeah, it's going to perform higher and probably by a fair margin.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/Intel-i7-3770-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-1200/896vs3029

Which is exactly why I keep trying to tell people that aside from the much higher core count Ryzen models, the platform makes no sense really from an upgrade perspective when coming from an older Intel platform. Coming from AM3+ or older AMD platforms, or to gain features not found on older Intel platforms, or as a placeholder for a newer AMD processor, it makes sense. Simply as an upgrade, it doesn't. Better than some other options as a new system, but only with higher core count models.

Mar 16, 2019
Oh right so that score isn’t bad is it ? I got worried though I set up the whole thing wrong hahaha I was worried I bought bad parts

I have a 2 4gb stick and yeah it’s not 3000mhz I was wrong it’s 2400 my bad
And yes dual channel 👍🏻👍🏻

I also got 10990 on 3dmark for fire strike
14000 graphics score can you guys check this too hahah

Mar 16, 2019
I’ve overlooked my cpu to 3.8 at 1.3v so my scores should come up to mark with the 3770 no?
I just need to know if its a good score for the oc or not so I can tweak it 👌🏻

Also on my bios it says my cpu is running at 1.3 but in ryzen master it says it’s running at 1.875v is that normal?

Mar 16, 2019
No like ive overclocked it to 1.3v at 3.8 when i first built the pc now i check my voltage on ryzen master and it says itsa running at 1.1875 and im confused is that like minimum voltage or?

You said 1.875v, which is VERY VERY different than 1.1875v, so yes, it's probably normal based on load. When the CPU isn't under full load, it's going to ask for less voltage because it will not be at full clock speed especially if you have it configured correctly (Usually desirable to leave C states (Low power states) enabled and to set the minimum processor power state in the control panel power options to something like 8% when the performance power profile is being use OR to use the balanced power profile.

So in any of those cases, yes, you will see a variable amount of core voltage depending on the state of the CPU load and clock speed.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I’ve overlooked my cpu to 3.8 at 1.3v so my scores should come up to mark with the 3770 no?
I just need to know if its a good score for the oc or not so I can tweak it 👌🏻

Also on my bios it says my cpu is running at 1.3 but in ryzen master it says it’s running at 1.875v is that normal?
Your score is probably about the norm. My last Ryzen 3 1200 build (stock) produced a CPU score of 479 cb. At 3.9GHz, the Cinebench (R15) CPU score was 590. Both with the older Cinibench version R15. If you want to run the older version of Cinebench (R15) and make a direct comparison that way, that would answer your question. (Maxon apparently changed their rating system since the advent of R20)

I don't have the Ryzen 3 1200 anymore, or I would run a comparison test for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.