Question Ryzen 3 1200 motherboard?

May 3, 2019
Can i buy Asus Prime A320m-k Socket AM4, cuz im on low budged. There was something with the intel cpu's i think about the version of the mobo bios and there was something that had to be done with other better CPU if im not wrong. Can i use this motherboard

logainofhades

Titan
I would recommend a B450. At least then you can do some mild overclocking. The prices are so close, that A320 should just be avoided. Going by pcpartpicker, there is only a $2 difference between that A320 board, and a Gigabyte - B450M DS3H. Also, unless you are getting that 1200 really cheap, spend the extra $11 on the 2200g. It's a bit faster CPU, even at identical clock speeds, due to lower cache latency, plus the IGP can be helpful should your graphics card die.

May 3, 2019
I would recommend a B450. At least then you can do some mild overclocking. The prices are so close, that A320 should just be avoided. Going by pcpartpicker, there is only a $2 difference between that A320 board, and a Gigabyte - B450M DS3H. Also, unless you are getting that 1200 really cheap, spend the extra $11 on the 2200g. It's a bit faster CPU, even at identical clock speeds, due to lower cache latency, plus the IGP can be helpful should your graphics card die.
I was only wondering about the motherboard because as i said i've heard something about " compability " with the versions of the mother boards, im not really into these things. But one more time the A320 will work just fine after putting the GPU!? I can't sadly spend the bonus on the 2200G because the 1200 is already in my hands :D

Javi7707

Commendable
Feb 20, 2017
How about a b350? will be cheaper and stills a first gen ryzen chip

Reactions: trepasichki21
May 3, 2019
Btw im pairing the r3 with rx580 anyways while this thread is still alive ill tell u my problem my pc is not booting at all no rgb u mouse no rgb to headphones keyboard. Case fans spinning black monitor screen its never turning on by any mean. After 2 dsys of trying the pc started to not boot at all after pressing the power button. After 5 days of trying the pc boots hits the moment when it shows the motherboare logo and stays black screen again. I cant turn off the pc by holding the power button i can only turn it off by switching off the psu.so i changed the psu not working again i tried with and without gpu still not booting. Any idea?

May 3, 2019
I got amd apu 7870k with 8 gbs of ram i know they are outdated so i started working on them but any idea or help on the problem? GPU temps were fine and i cant get to boot in safe mode or something

Javi7707

Commendable
Feb 20, 2017
I got amd apu 7870k with 8 gbs of ram i know they are outdated so i started working on them but any idea or help on the problem? GPU temps were fine and i cant get to boot in safe mode or something
Sounds like bad motherboard, got a similar case in an old PC. A motherboard replacement should fix it, but i would build a newer PC if I were you.