Ryzen 3 1200 system for £330

CManderifeld

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
I would like to build a ryzen 3 system and i have a pretty tight budget of £330 to buy
CPU, MOBO, RAM, Storage (preferably a small SSD and a 1tb hard drive), Power supply, and case.
i already have a disk drive and a copy of windows as well as all the peripherals i will need. I also have an old GPU that i can use because ryzen 3 doesn't have integrated graphics.
Preferably the case and motherboard will be micro atx form factor.
i have tried a few different parts lists bust all have come out over budget, mainly because of the SSD, and i am also unsure about RAM compatibility at the moment. I would appreciate it if anyone could recommend any specific parts or a whole parts list.
Thanks

Solution
As mentioned, with this level of budget, the sacrifice required in other components just to get the SSD in there would make doing so not worth it. Ryzen in particular is known for benefiting from fast RAM, so it's not advisable to go that route. One solution which wouldn't blow your budget apart and would give you some of that SSD benefit, especially in load-times, is a SSHD or Solid-State Hybrid Drive (current Seagate branding: FireCuda). These drives combine an SSD cache, on which the drive places your most frequently accessed data for faster performance, with a larger spinning storage capacity so that you still get solid bang for your buck on storage space.

If you'd like to see how they stack up comparatively, here are a...

M04D18

Respectable
Jun 16, 2017
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor (£97.99 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI - B350M PRO-VDH Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£65.98 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (£63.59 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£37.99 @ Aria PC)
Case: Zalman - T2 Plus MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£23.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£47.57 @ Ebuyer)
Total: £337.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-14 23:45 BST+0100

CManderifeld

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015

would it be possible to save some money somewhere to be able to include a small SSD just for OS?

M04D18

Respectable
Jun 16, 2017

with ryzen 3 i think its not possible ( or you have to buy worst psu , slowest ram etc but i dont recommend to save from these parts just for a quick boot :p

As mentioned, with this level of budget, the sacrifice required in other components just to get the SSD in there would make doing so not worth it. Ryzen in particular is known for benefiting from fast RAM, so it's not advisable to go that route. One solution which wouldn't blow your budget apart and would give you some of that SSD benefit, especially in load-times, is a SSHD or Solid-State Hybrid Drive (current Seagate branding: FireCuda). These drives combine an SSD cache, on which the drive places your most frequently accessed data for faster performance, with a larger spinning storage capacity so that you still get solid bang for your buck on storage space.

If you'd like to see how they stack up comparatively, here are a couple of charts to check out:

The first one compares startup times across several popular games on a traditional spinning 7200 RPM HDD, our SSHD, and an M.2 SSD (128GB). The white is for SSD, the orange is for our SSHD, and the gray is for the 7200 spinning HDD. (Note the difference between the SSD+our SSHD combo and the SSD+HDD combo, because you'll end up with a better storage combo if you go that upgrade path down the road when you may decide you have money to add an SSD into the mix)

Startup Times

The next one compares the first 3 days of gaming storage utilization across several popular titles, and SYSmark ratings from various drive types and combinations. First of the grays is 7200 RPM 1TB spinning HDD, second (lightest gray) is our SSHD, third (darkest gray) is an SSD + 7200 RPM HDD combo, purple is SSD + our SSHD combo, and lastly blue is SSD.

First 3 Days Gaming Storage Utilization

Regardless of which drive(s) you determine is right for you in the end, thank you for considering Seagate and good luck with your build!

Solution