Ryzen 3 1200 vs Ryzen 3 2200G

parsa_strife

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
So I'm going to pick up a Ryzen 3 system tomorrow.
I already have a GTX 760 so the iGPU doesn't matter THAT much. It'd only come in handy if I need to do some troubleshooting or my GFX card dies. Or maybe when I sell my GTX 760 wanting to upgrade to another card. I don't think they really matter tho honestly. For troubleshooting I have an ancient 9400 GT lol.

But then the Ryzen 3 2200G is not soldered like the R3 1200.. Which makes me think maybe I couldn't get it to max OC on the stock cooler just maybe? I do have a nice and quiet small $10 tower cooler with stock AM3+ mounting system so I think I could use that if needed but I like the looks of the AMD stock cooler better :na: never thought I would say I like the looks of a stock cooler over a tower cooler :D
R3 2200G also has half the L3 Cache which seems to be more important than the fact that it's a single CCX imo.
It also features less PCIe lanes apparently? Although couldn't find any actual info on that but I've seen people saying that.

The most important thing that R3 2200G has is the great resale value thanks to the iGPU as I will be upgrading to a R7 2700 or maybe a R7 3700 when it's out..

But idk if this is worth the extra $12 while it could POTENTIALLY give me less performance for the time being? :??:

Edit: Forgot to mention the R3 1200 costs $105 while the R3 2200G costs $117

Just built a 2200G system for a family member gift. Its quite powerful for the price. A+ for AMD on this. Will be replacing an Athlon II X3 435 based build from years back. Well worth it along with a B350 motherboard. They are said to OC to the 3.8, 3.9 range with decent cooling. The iGPU OCs quite nicely as well. You are correct on PCI-E lanes. They are limited to x8 lanes electrically vs standard x16 lanes if using slot for GPU. Still have x4 Gen3 for NVMe drives though.

parsa_strife

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

I actually just went ahead and bought the R3 1200 and I couldn't be happier with it 4.0GHz @1.2V and 4.1GHz @1.25V on stock cooler. Maxes out at around 72° C in GTA V and Dota 2 (both very CPU heavy games)
I did change the stock thermal paste with some good one tho idk if that made a difference.