Question ryzen 3 1300x underperforming horribly

Dec 18, 2019
do a fresh os install

check the temp? cpu overheating?
1 stick of ram?
hdd health?
2 sticks of ram, from what i know theres no overheating, and the hard drive was used and is quite loud.
edit: since i just bought this computer, the os was just installed. so i dont see why this would be the problem...

WildCard999

Titan
i dont know what boosting is but as i last said from what i know its not overheating problems. and ,even with high cpu usage in the test, it still performed horribly
The CPU should auto boost to 3.7ghz under load such as benchmarking.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-3-1300x

If you look at your results it only went to 1.35ghz which is why it's performing terribly. This is usually caused by thermal throttling. Download HWmonitor (I posted the link above) and let us know the CPU temps (idle and while running the benchmark).

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Apr 6, 2019
My R5 2600 was working verry bad with 2400 MHz ram, after i upgraded to 3200 MHz is working verry well.

90% the ram is the problem
10% throttling

Edit: The HDD can slow just the loading times.

Dec 18, 2019
2 sticks of ram, from what i know theres no overheating, and the hard drive was used and is quite loud.
edit: since i just bought this computer, the os was just installed. so i dont see why this would be the problem...
ok i have just checked the
My R5 2600 was working verry bad with 2400 MHz ram, after i upgraded to 3200 MHz is working verry well.

90% the ram is the problem
10% throttling

Edit: The HDD can slow just the loading times.
alright ill look to see if i can find some 3200 ram. thank you.

Dec 18, 2019
i checked and the cpu at idle was sitting at about 46c which im positive is NOT very good, so im going to see if i can go out and buy a stick of 8gb 3200 and see if this solves the problem. after that if its not working to potential ill have to see about replacing the cpu (it bottlenecks my gpu a little anyway.)

Apr 6, 2019
i checked and the cpu at idle was sitting at about 46c which im positive is NOT very good, so im going to see if i can go out and buy a stick of 8gb 3200 and see if this solves the problem. after that if its not working to potential ill have to see about replacing the cpu (it bottlenecks my gpu a little anyway.)
Make an stress test with CPU-Z or another program and watch the temperatures during the test.

A single stick of RAM is even worse than your 2 sticks of slow RAM. Find out why your CPU isn't boosting to proper speeds.

Dec 18, 2019
The CPU should auto boost to 3.7ghz under load such as benchmarking.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-3-1300x

If you look at your results it only went to 1.35ghz which is why it's performing terribly. This is usually caused by thermal throttling. Download HWmonitor (I posted the link above) and let us know the CPU temps (idle and while running the benchmark).
while idle, the cpu sits between 37c and 43c. while benchmarking the cpu sits between 42c and 49c.
also after the benchmark the cpu still is performing way under expectation.

InvalidError

Titan
Check power options, make sure the maximum power state is set to 100%. 1.35GHz average under load when temperatures are fine is obviously a problem. May also want to clear CMOS to make sure you don't have a weird setting in there like a negative voltage offset or manual multiplier setting messing things up. Your performance will never be normal until you figure out why the clock stays this slow.

Reactions: TJ Hooker