Ryzen 3 2200 apu freezing

Dec 2, 2018
ryzen 3 2200 freezing/crashing/sometimes restarting
My pc keeps freezing. when i first built it, it played great but one day i started up fortnite and it just shut off. i have everything at stock settings and have the latest bios (f23). i found out it was shutting off due to overheating. i finally got the temp cut down enough to stop it from shutting off but when i turned it back on my radeon software did a graphics driver update and then it started freezing while ding basic things like clicking files on the desktop. i tried uninstalling all my drivers but now i cant reinstall them without my computer freezing. please help me i have been trying to fix it for days now.

Update: it started shutting off again. doesnt seem to be over heating. i was trying to download google crome so i could download drivers and it froze for like 30 seconds and shut off.

Build:
cpu: ryzen 3 2200g with vega 8 graphics
Ram: 1 8gb gskill ddr
mobo: gigabyte GA-a320m-s2h

When your computer crashes (not a windows BSOD) then there is the chance of file corruption. It kinda sounds like you have had multiple crashes and now have an unstable OS. I would grab a fresh HD (or SSD) and start from scratch. Hopefully you have figured out the overheating issue otherwise you are stuck in a loop.

Spot of bad news ... unless you're certain that this is an overheating issue, it could also be a memory issue. Ryzen is funny about incompatible memory.

Dec 2, 2018

im definitely having an over heating issue. i started it up and checked the cpu temp when i was in the bios settings and it was 95c. i dont know why my computer would be that hot when it has two case fans and a cpu fan.

Dec 2, 2018

not sure how to check the heatsink thing. and will thermal paste really make a big difference? 95 is pretty hot. im starting to think i might not be able to use the stock cooler. i cant get the temp to budge no matter what i do.

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017

My brother has a 2400g and in cpu stress test he gets 65c and its a 4c/8t cpu so the stock cooler should be fine.

Dec 2, 2018

it used to run at like 35-45 at idle and 50-70 when playing games. i have no idea why it would just start running at 95 while its just idling.

Dec 2, 2018
I"M SUCH A DIP. i guess my cpu fan wasnt screwed on right and after so long it came almost all the way off. i got it back on and screwed in tight and now my pc is running at 34c at idle C: i will let everyone know if im still having any graphic or freezing issues.