[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 2200 Concerning temps

Mar 3, 2020
Hello! So I want to ask the temps regarding my ryzen. I'm new to this kind of cpu and was wondering is this really normal? The starting temps i got from the bios is in between 29-39c depending in the ambient temps. (I'm from the philippines and it gets super hot here super fast) anw, The temps are ranging from 38-52 when using chrome with a bunch of tabs opened. The same value is true when idling

Stressed tested it using prime95 and cpu-z and it is averaging from 45-70c.

Will my pc be fine when using it 24/7 in this kind of temperature? My case has a bad airflow, bcz the case im using has a limited options with air cooling and stuff
For now im saving up for a replacement paste (because the paste i applied is subpar) It's named hy510 or something and it is unbranded. Might consider buying an intake fan then a good quality case

I'm using a gammax s40 cooler with bunch of dust in it and i have no intake fan whatsoever (i only have a small fan in the back of my case).

No overclock, Default clock speed and voltages. Temps are lower last week now for some unknown reasonir started rising now

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g
Motherboard: MSI A320M A PRO
Ram: 2X4GB hyperx ram
GPU:None
PSU: Corsair VS450
Chassis: Some unknown brand i picked from my friend

oh, and here is my results from coretemp
View: https://imgur.com/a/tKqTHvH

This is a family friendly site.
Mind your language.
Lutfij

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I didn't realize I put 1000 in place of 100. I just corrected it. Hardware these days will either throttle or shut down to prevent component damage.

So long as you don't go to 100 Deg C, you're fine. Given how you have an aftermarket cooler, you're supposed to get lower temps(that too is an assumption) since the cooler will only be as good as your ambient air it's being fed with.

You've also mentioned that it's dusty, that's not a good thing to read, on a tech site.

Mind sharing a (few)picture(s) of the build?

That Corsair VS PSU, is that the orange label unit? If so, how old is it?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

So long as the CPU doesn't reach 100 Deg C, you're fine. Might want to state your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

gammax s40 cooler with bunch of dust in it
Try cleaning the entire case and then see if your temps drop. Having an optimal airflow is key to having your components last a long while and also work reliably during that period of time.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020

So long as the CPU doesn't reach 1000 Deg C, you're fine. Might want to state your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Try cleaning the entire case and then see if your temps drop. Having an optimal airflow is key to having your components last a long while and also work reliably during that period of time.

So long as the CPU doesn't reach 1000 Deg C, you're fine. Might want to state your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Thanks for having me :). My only concern is the longetivity of my hardware if this goes on. I'm feeling like im shortening the lifespan of my hardware if i keep tolerating this kind of temp. Generally tho, how much is too hot?

Lutfij

Titan
I didn't realize I put 1000 in place of 100. I just corrected it. Hardware these days will either throttle or shut down to prevent component damage.

So long as you don't go to 100 Deg C, you're fine. Given how you have an aftermarket cooler, you're supposed to get lower temps(that too is an assumption) since the cooler will only be as good as your ambient air it's being fed with.

You've also mentioned that it's dusty, that's not a good thing to read, on a tech site.

Mind sharing a (few)picture(s) of the build?

That Corsair VS PSU, is that the orange label unit? If so, how old is it?

Solution