Question Ryzen 3 2200G and AM4 MSI A320M Pro-VD/S V2 DDR4

Aug 20, 2019
I just bought a Ryzen 3 with AM4 MSI A320M Pro-VD/S V2 DDR4. It comes with 2x 4GB Crucial 4GB DDR4 2400MHz Single Ranked (CT4G4DFS824A). I am playing League of Legends and I am wondering if it can play LoL at Ultra high settings with at least 60fps?

Ak74Egy

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016
The easiest way is to try man, but the Ryzen APUs are pretty decent, could even try to play some demanding games at low settings or low resolutions, that being said, you should defintely consider getting a graphics card, the bare bare minimum would be a GT1030, what I would recommend would be a GTX 1650 or 1660

... the bare bare minimum would be a GT1030, what I would recommend would be a GTX 1650 or 1660
I think a 2400G performs better than a 1030, maybe about same, so even that could be a possible down-grade.

OP: you may be better off, for first upgrade, to get some more & faster memory. The 'G' chips love fast memory so as fast as you can get it, and 16 Gb at least. This will mean scrapping/selling what you have, but it's worth it because the GPU uses main memory. So plentiful main memory that can clock as high as you can get it improves gaming considerably. And 8 Gb isn't really enough for many modern games so even a new GPU might not help as much as you'd like.

Reactions: Jun0527

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
the Ryzen 2200G can do between 50-60fps 1080p LoL in the highest settings but you need to as @drea.drechsler mentioned have both good and fast ram to pair with an APU for optimal performance.

8gigs of ram wont cut it these days but for League its doable if you cant afford to get a 16gig kit.

i have friends who built Ryzen 2200G and 2400G systems and they seem to do well and are really good options as entry level gaming. especially in eSports type of games (not R6 siege tho but they can run it but with almost minimum graphical settings to get a smooth experience.)

but sooner when you can afford an upgrade getting an RX 570 would be great for your setup.

Aug 20, 2019
I think a 2400G performs better than a 1030, maybe about same, so even that could be a possible down-grade.

OP: you may be better off, for first upgrade, to get some more & faster memory. The 'G' chips love fast memory so as fast as you can get it, and 16 Gb at least. This will mean scrapping/selling what you have, but it's worth it because the GPU uses main memory. So plentiful main memory that can clock as high as you can get it improves gaming considerably. And 8 Gb isn't really enough for many modern games so even a new GPU might not help as much as you'd like.

I am planning to get G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2X8GB) F4-3000C16D-16GTZR DDR4-3000MHz Memory Module. Is this good enough?

Aug 20, 2019
the Ryzen 2200G can do between 50-60fps 1080p LoL in the highest settings but you need to as @drea.drechsler mentioned have both good and fast ram to pair with an APU for optimal performance.

8gigs of ram wont cut it these days but for League its doable if you cant afford to get a 16gig kit.

i have friends who built Ryzen 2200G and 2400G systems and they seem to do well and are really good options as entry level gaming. especially in eSports type of games (not R6 siege tho but they can run it but with almost minimum graphical settings to get a smooth experience.)

but sooner when you can afford an upgrade getting an RX 570 would be great for your setup.

Nice! Thank you so much for the advises! I will try to save enough for the 16gb RAM

I am planning to get G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (2X8GB) F4-3000C16D-16GTZR DDR4-3000MHz Memory Module. Is this good enough?
It's getting you to the 16Gb break-over point so it's a lot better than the 8Gb you got! 3200Mtps would be better but then I'm not so sure how reliably you can get 2400's to go stable at 3200 so 3000 is less of a gamble...yeah, I think it sounds nice.

Aug 20, 2019
It's getting you to the 16Gb break-over point so it's a lot better than the 8Gb you got! 3200Mtps would be better but then I'm not so sure how reliably you can get 2400's to go stable at 3200 so 3000 is less of a gamble...yeah, I think it sounds nice.

In the future, is it possible to upgrade the 2200G to Ryzen 5 3200?

In the future, is it possible to upgrade the 2200G to Ryzen 5 3200?
MSI has a Ryzen 3000 BIOS out for that board so it does appear do-able. When you want to go with it, though, be sure to upgrade BIOS first. But do not upgrade to it unless you actually plan on going to a Ryzen 3000 processor as they get you nothing for a 2200G and you might lose some BIOS features like the graphical screens.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
And by the way, I am only using an LG Flatron E2041. Max resolution is 1600x900.

well 720p esports gaming should be fine with your current setup could be more than 60fps pretty sure. upgrading the ram to 16gigs and like others mentioned fast (3200mhz for example) or getting an actual GPU might be more of luxury than necessity if thats the case.

Aug 20, 2019
@King_V, should I go for the 8 cores procie? Can MSI A320 support hexa or octa core procie?

BTW guys, which is a better RAM?
  1. Crucial Ballistix Sport TUF 3000 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB (8GBx2) Dual Channel
  2. Ballistix Sport AT 16GB Kit (2x8GB), DDR4, 3000mhz

Or can you suggest a better RAM that I can use?

I am playing League now at Ultra High Settings and my FPS avg at 110 low of 75 high 140

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If by the 8 core you mean the 2400g (4 core, but 8 threads), then I am fairly certain it should - but you should check MSI's website just to be absolutely certain.

As for the memory you've listed, I think they'd perform about the same, MAYBE slightly different if their CL is different.

I tend to be a little on the paranoid side, and try to recommend getting RAM from the motherboard's QVL list if at all possible. At least, that's what I did for my Micro Machine (see signature) as well as for a friend's recently-assembled PC, which is an ASRock Fatal1ty B450 board with a Ryzen 5 2600X. Paid slightly extra for RAM that was specifically on the board's QVL list.

If I were building it for myself, I might take a chance with something not on the list, and likely it wouldn't have been a problem, but when I do it for someone else, I try to play it extra safe.

Aug 20, 2019
If by the 8 core you mean the 2400g (4 core, but 8 threads), then I am fairly certain it should - but you should check MSI's website just to be absolutely certain.

As for the memory you've listed, I think they'd perform about the same, MAYBE slightly different if their CL is different.

I tend to be a little on the paranoid side, and try to recommend getting RAM from the motherboard's QVL list if at all possible. At least, that's what I did for my Micro Machine (see signature) as well as for a friend's recently-assembled PC, which is an ASRock Fatal1ty B450 board with a Ryzen 5 2600X. Paid slightly extra for RAM that was specifically on the board's QVL list.

If I were building it for myself, I might take a chance with something not on the list, and likely it wouldn't have been a problem, but when I do it for someone else, I try to play it extra safe.

May I know what would you suggest to use on my build for RAM?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
My suggestion would be to go here:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/A320M-PRO-VD-S#support-mem-14

(there's something a little funky with the link, after you click on it, you then have to click on the button that says "Memory by RX-2X00" to actually bring up the list of verified RAM modules).

I'd say try to balance price/speed with regard to the memory - it's a pretty long list though, but some aren't necessarily available everywhere. It's sometimes a frustrating experience of repeatedly finding something, then copy-pasting a RAM model number into PCPartPicker, and seeing if it's available and for how much.

You don't necessarily have to go by that QVL list - RAM modules not on the list will usually work. But, I tend to be cautious in this regard.

Aug 20, 2019

(there's something a little funky with the link, after you click on it, you then have to click on the button that says "Memory by RX-2X00" to actually bring up the list of verified RAM modules).

I'd say try to balance price/speed with regard to the memory - it's a pretty long list though, but some aren't necessarily available everywhere. It's sometimes a frustrating experience of repeatedly finding something, then copy-pasting a RAM model number into PCPartPicker, and seeing if it's available and for how much.

You don't necessarily have to go by that QVL list - RAM modules not on the list will usually work. But, I tend to be cautious in this regard.

That is a very informational website. Now I know what I should buy. Thank you so much :)

Aug 18, 2019
Hopefully by December we can get low prices for the Ryzen CPU's specially the 3rd gens and getting a 3400g for your MOBO is good enough just buy a better ram sticks 8gb is doable for now but in order to utilize your APU increasing it would be better to 16gb. :D

Aug 20, 2019

I ran a stress test with AIDA64 and I am wondering why is my 2nd RAM showing as Trial. I attached a screenshot of the result. Does this means I only have 4gb of ram working?

View: https://imgur.com/a/o66vXdJ

Aug 18, 2019
Will this affect the performance of my RAM? If I upgrade to 2x8gb, will it still run as trial? It says Trial version on system memory. Will this be bad? What can I do to fix this?

Nope it does not affect the performance or anything since you are in trial period not all information will be shown on the software or the AIDA64 unless you purchase the software that will unlock all the features, same like Microsoft Office or Anti-Virus.

No pressure chill :D

Aug 20, 2019
HI guys, my pc went off earlier today and the store replace it with a new one. I had the opportunity to replace the power supply with cooler pro 450 and now my Ram is 2x8gb Ballistix Sport AT 8GB DDR4-3000 UDIMM. The performance of the game is very good considering that I am only on profile 1 of the set up wherein it only utilizes 2800. The maximum or Profile 2 set it at 2993mhz. I have not tried it yet. I guess, I will stick with the Profile 1 as of now as I only play League of Legend. I really appreciate all your help and input guys