[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 2200g Bottlenecking with 3000mhz ram ?

Aug 17, 2020
i have ryzen 3 2200g with GTX 1650 super with MSI B450M PRO- M2 motherboard and i just bought two 8x2 corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. Whenever i play GTA 5 on max setting my CPU usage is 80 above and GPU usage is around 40-50 percent and cause the serious lagging in the game. Can anyone tell me why this happening because of the Ram or the CPU?

Solution
You are actually better off with the Vega graphics on the TV. 1366x768 is a smaller resolution than 1080p (1920x1080), so you actually gain in gpu power there as the higher the resolution, the harder the gpu has to work.

The cpu outputs fps regardless of resolution, doesn't affect it at all. The cpu might send 100fps to the gpu, it's on the gpu to put all 100 on screen. With 4k that's not going to happen, be lucky to get 10-15. With 1366x768 might get 80. With 1080p might get 60. The gpu still gets 100, but details and resolution decide just how many of that 100 the gpu can finish in 1 second.

Artist can only paint so fast. If all he has to paint is a 2"x2" picture of a red dot, that is quick. If he has to paint a 20ft x 10ft...
i have ryzen 3 2200g with GTX 1650 super with MSI B450M PRO- M2 motherboard and i just bought two 8x2 corsair Vengeance 3000mhz. Whenever i play GTA 5 on max setting my CPU usage is 80 above and GPU usage is around 40-50 percent and cause the serious lagging in the game. Can anyone tell me why this happening because of the Ram or the CPU?
If you look in task manager or CPU-Z (the memory tab) at what speed does RAM function ?
Have you enabled XMP in the BIOS ?

they running at 3000 mhz and yes i enabled the XMP to profile 1 but when i enabled it the frequency is only 2888 soo i set to 3000 manually
This is not bad, considering that the highest speed that could be run on your motherboard would 3200 MHz.
Than, yes, it very likely that the limiting factor is the CPU.
At what resolution do you play ? What monitor ?
and, well, you could decrease the famous "max "setting

Aug 17, 2020
This is not bad, considering that the highest speed that could be run on your motherboard would 3200 MHz.
Than, yes, it very likely that the limiting factor is the CPU.
At what resolution do you play ? What monitor ?
and, well, you could decrease the famous "max "setting
well its the panasonic 60hz TV and the resolutions is 1366x768

Aug 17, 2020
I think that this is part of your problem. At such a low resolution, the CPU is the limiting factor as it can not feed the GPU sufficiently quickly. If you could increase the resolution that would put more burden on the GPU and decrease the burden on the CPU.
but whenever i increase the resolution the image quality look like crap all blurry and very bad textures
how do i fix this ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The limiting factor is the game itself. Gta V can and will use upto 8 threads, but the bare minimum is 4. And that's all you have. You also have 8 gpu threads with the Vega graphics.

But understand, usage isn't how much of the cpu IS used, it's how much of the resources it HAS to use. Bandwidth, cache, etc, in order to pre-render a frame. 80% is the same as 40% or 98%, which is less than 100%.

The 2200G is decent, but don't expect miricles, at the end of the day it's still a short-changed APU with graphics no better than a GT1030.

Aug 17, 2020
The limiting factor is the game itself. Gta V can and will use upto 8 threads, but the bare minimum is 4. And that's all you have. You also have 8 gpu threads with the Vega graphics.

But understand, usage isn't how much of the cpu IS used, it's how much of the resources it HAS to use. Bandwidth, cache, etc, in order to pre-render a frame. 80% is the same as 40% or 98%, which is less than 100%.

The 2200G is decent, but don't expect miricles, at the end of the day it's still a short-changed APU with graphics no better than a GT1030.
soo i have to think about to change my CPU?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You are actually better off with the Vega graphics on the TV. 1366x768 is a smaller resolution than 1080p (1920x1080), so you actually gain in gpu power there as the higher the resolution, the harder the gpu has to work.

The cpu outputs fps regardless of resolution, doesn't affect it at all. The cpu might send 100fps to the gpu, it's on the gpu to put all 100 on screen. With 4k that's not going to happen, be lucky to get 10-15. With 1366x768 might get 80. With 1080p might get 60. The gpu still gets 100, but details and resolution decide just how many of that 100 the gpu can finish in 1 second.

Artist can only paint so fast. If all he has to paint is a 2"x2" picture of a red dot, that is quick. If he has to paint a 20ft x 10ft picture from the Sisteen Chapel, that's going to take a lot longer. The longer a frame takes to render, the less frames completed in a second, the lower the fps.

In order to keep a fast paced game like gta5 fluid it requires higher fps. The frames change pretty drastically, pretty fast, so the cpu has to get those to the gpu and the gpu has to get them onscreen asap. The 2200G is a 4c/4t cpu, so is at a disadvantage to start with, has mediocre IPC, no Lcache so relies on system ram. All adding up to mediocre fps no matter what. Add in the igpu which also has to use system ram, system power settings etc and with a high fps demand game like gta5, expect fps to be in the toilet except with seriously low settings.

You can't replace the cpu. The 2200G has an igpu, it's an APU. You have no discrete graphics, only internal graphics, and Ryzen cpus do not have an igpu, only the APU's like the 2200G - 3400G do (that's what the G is for, graphics).

Solution