[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 2200g compatible motherboards

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
I have an old build that im trying to reinstate for my mom to use and it has a ryzen 3 2200g processor, and i need a new motherboard, the original one needed a bios update, and I am trying to find one for up to $100 (with tax) that I could use to restart this build that doesnt need a bios update and will be ready to go from the start, dont want any hassle or bs, just want to put it all together, and go, I already have windows installed on the harddrive i am using, any suggestions of motherboards that i can use?

Solution
I have an old build that im trying to reinstate for my mom to use and it has a ryzen 3 2200g processor, and i need a new motherboard, the original one needed a bios update, and I am trying to find one for up to $100 (with tax) that I could use to restart this build that doesnt need a bios update and will be ready to go from the start, dont want any hassle or bs, just want to put it all together, and go, I already have windows installed on the harddrive i am using, any suggestions of motherboards that i can use?
Are you looking to replace a motherboard the 2200G is currently installed on?

As noted, upgrading may go better with a B450 chipset motherboard. But finding a decent one for under $100 might be hard now, that would...
Are you looking to replace a motherboard the 2200G is currently installed on?

As noted, upgrading may go better with a B450 chipset motherboard. But finding a decent one for under $100 might be hard now, that would leave A320 board. But avoid B550 as they do not support 2200G processors, there are a couple for under $100 as I recall. A520 is nice and cheap but I also don't think they support 2200G processors.

Also, whichever board you get you should re-install Windows once set up. Windows won't like being moved to another motherboard like that and you'll have nothing but headaches.

Solution

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
Ok, and i am trying to find an entirely new motherboard. So which one would you suggest? for the cheapest you can think of?
If you're looking for the cheapest B450 there's Asrock B450M HDV or Gigabyte B450M DS3H. Or maybe if there's more money you have you can go for Asrock B450M Steel Legend. Basically B450 motherboard is around $80 - $120 depends on where I live.

Or if you're not planning to upgrade the CPU for some years you can go for A320 chipset motherboard. There's some of them that hang around $55 - $70. Like, Asrock A320M HDV or MSI A320M APro - Max

Last edited:

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
And I dont have to update the bios or do anything of that nature before putting everything on it? Just wanna assure the least hassle possible
As far as I know, the B450 chipset and X370 chipset motherboard need to update the BIOS since they came out when Ryzen 200 Series (Zen +) came out. I don't know with the A520/B550/X470 chipset motherboard.

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
You're throwing to many variables at me at the same time, can I just get a small list of motherboards that i could use without needing a bios update?
Sorry for your inconvenience. And I'm sorry I didn't put much attention on the title.
Asrock B450M-HDV is the cheapest and yet it doesn't need any BIOS update for your CPU.

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
No offense to you, but this motherboard sounds familiar and also looks identical from what i can tell to the one i am taking out, and that one did need a bios update with this proccessor. Are there any other suggestions you have? I can go up to $100

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
I'm not trying to be rude man but I had that exact motherboard and i think I was told the same thing when i was building it originally and that motherboard for sure needed a bios update.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I'm not trying to be rude man but I had that exact motherboard and i think I was told the same thing when i was building it originally and that motherboard for sure needed a bios update.

That's why I linked the CPU Support List:

YotVHcv.jpg

F1 is the original BIOS and the Ryzen 3 2200G is supported by it and... not to be rude... I trust the manufacturer's site more than your memory.

-Wolf sends

superballer135

Commendable
Jan 27, 2019
I can assure you i needed a bios update and that it was a pain in the ass process, that I remember very well, and the computer i'm referring to is two feet away from me, it is 100% the same motherboard and 100% the ryzen 3 2200g processor as I still have the boxes for both, so again i will have to disagree. Overriding an actual event that happened to me as i described it, that, that was rude, and unprofessional. I wouldn't have disagreed with a professional opinion if I didn't have personal experience on the contrary

Wolfshadw

Titan
sounds familiar
and
looks identical

Does not mean

I have that exact board (here's a picture of it) and I can tell you with 100% certainty, that it DOES require a BIOS update for the 2nd Generation Ryzen 2200G processor.

A response like that would have been more helpful.

Anyway, if you are 100% positive you have that board that I suggested, then any of the other ones on the list I provided earlier should work.

-Wolf sends

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
I can assure you i needed a bios update and that it was a pain in the ass process, that I remember very well, and the computer i'm referring to is two feet away from me, it is 100% the same motherboard and 100% the ryzen 3 2200g processor as I still have the boxes for both, so again i will have to disagree.
I saw on the previous reply you already have Gigabyte B450M DS3H which means you already have the B450 chipset motherboard. Any B450 chipset motherboard is compatible with Ryzen 2000 series. Me and Wolfshdw both are using the same CPU and we both have B450 chipset motherboard (if you check our profile). And we both can assure you we don't need any BIOS update since the first place we bought the motherboard. Having a list of newer BIOS in your motherboard website list doesn't mean you have to upgrade it to the latest. And are you having any problem with your PC using that curent BIOS?

Anyway if you really want to buy new motherboard other than B450 chipset motherboard(which is basically the same with yours now),then there's no new motherboard in range of $100. Any newer AMD motherboard is above $150.

Desch_

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
im guessing its probably a b350 youre using and it just looks identical to the b450. A lot of companies didnt change anything cosmetically between b350 and b450. post a pic of the motherboard.

only some b350s will support the ryzen 2000 series, and it just depends on when they were manufactured, it has nothing to do with which model it is.