Ryzen 3 2200G display nothing when using integrated graphics card

Dec 13, 2018
Hello, I'm confused why the IGP on the ryzen doesn't work. This is my spec:
-ryzen 3 2200g
-gigabyte ab350n mobo (updated to the latest bios)
-cm mwe 450w
-2x 4GB ram

When I plug my monitor to the HDMI port on the motherboard, it doesn't display anything. But when I put my graphics card and plug my monitor into the VGA port, it display POST and bios. when I try to put my monitor in HDMI port on the graphics card, it doesn't display anything. The HDMI cable is in good condition.

panathas

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
It seems that something may going on with the HDMI cable and it has nothing to do with the integrated GPU. It doesn't matter whether it's in good condition or not? Sometimes an incompatibility can occur between a specific cable and a monitor. Try using another cable.

Also are you sure that you have selected the HDMI display from your monitor's menu in order to get signal from the HDMI port? What monitor do you have? What is its native resolution? Is it new/used? Have you ever seen it display HDMI signal? What HDMI version does your monitor support? You should know that since it's very important in order to select the right HDMI cable. Good luck.

Dec 13, 2018
I'm using a hdmi to vga converter and a sony TV with hdmi input. Both monitors aren't working.

How to choose a right hdmi cable? I have tried 2 cables with good condition (both cables work with my laptop) and 1 converter (works too with my laptop) but still when I connect to my new build, I doesn't see any display signal.

How to choose the right hdmi cable? How to know the resolution from the IGP? What if my monitor/tv was the problem?

panathas

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
Which monitor are you using? What and how many ports (HDMI, VGA, DVI etc) does it have? Where are you using the HDMI to VGA converter? Are you plugging it to the motherboard/graphics card and you are using a VGA cable for the connection or you are plugging it in on your monitor and you are using an HDMI cable?

There are different HDMI cable versions 1.2, 1.3 , 1.4 , 2.0 etc. You have to make sure that both the GPUs display output and the monitor/TV input support the HDMI cable version. The latest HDMI version should always be compatible with older versions but this is not always the case especially if the monitor/TV is very old (ver 1.2) and the graphics card is new (ver 2.0), in which case incompatibilities may arise. On top of that converters play an important role and they should also support the HDMI cable version. So if you mix an old converter with a new cable and vice versa you may not be able to see any image on your screen.