RYZEN 3 2200G Memory issues

Vishal_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015
I am building a new basic rig(Ryzen R3 2200G, MSI B450M-PRO VDH, GSKILL/ CORSAIR 2x4GB config 3000MHz )
but apparently there is a problem with RAM compatibility. I thought it's CPU which is responsible for RAM compatibility but I got to know that it's motherboard which is responsible. I cam across a post ( http:// ) where the guy mentions that even though with msi list mentioning the ram , it came out it wasn't compatible due to bad CPU. How

Also can you please tell the difference between single rank and dual rank in RAM ?

Solution
The cpu has a built in controller that controls the memory. Ryzen has gotten way better as it matured, accepting nearly all ram. Most ram should work, but maybe look for ram marketed as ryzen ready. Instead of dual rand and single rank i think you mean channels. If you have a set of 8gb of ram, you could have 1 8gb stick that is capable of single channel or 2 4gb sticks that are capable of acessing the memory in dual chanel. I would get dual chanel as it allows the memory to be accessed faster and will make your integrategrated graphics perform better.
The cpu has a built in controller that controls the memory. Ryzen has gotten way better as it matured, accepting nearly all ram. Most ram should work, but maybe look for ram marketed as ryzen ready. Instead of dual rand and single rank i think you mean channels. If you have a set of 8gb of ram, you could have 1 8gb stick that is capable of single channel or 2 4gb sticks that are capable of acessing the memory in dual chanel. I would get dual chanel as it allows the memory to be accessed faster and will make your integrategrated graphics perform better.

Solution

Vishal_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015

So you mean I can go with safety with RAM companies as of now than what it was before ? Also I meant rank itself and not channel(channel is number of sticks , i am aware of that but rank is different).