[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 2200g New Build, No video output

Jul 27, 2019
I've spent all morning troubleshooting my Ryzen 3 2200g build.
My specs are:
Ryzen 3 2200g
Gigabyte A320M-S2H
8GB DDR4 3000Mhz ram

All fans turn on and light up but there is no hdmi output to my hdmi tv (vga monitor arrives on Monday.)

Solution
on the website it says they supported it on the first shipping version

Okay, assuming it has the proper BIOS, then you'd probably want to check to make sure your RAM is properly seated. If it isn't the system will power up, but won't actually do anything. Also refer to your motherboard manual about which slot to use, if you only have a single stick, sometimes you have to use a specific slot otherwise the system won't boot.
Since you have an A320 board, it's possible you may have been shipped an older one that did not ship with the BIOS needed for the 2200G. You may need to get a first gen Ryzen chip or one of the AM4 excavator APUs to do a BIOS update, or take the board to a computer store and see if they will update the BIOS for you. AMD did have a boot kit program where they send you a loaner A6 APU to let you flash the BIOS, but I'm not sure if that's still in effect.

on the website it says they supported it on the first shipping version

Okay, assuming it has the proper BIOS, then you'd probably want to check to make sure your RAM is properly seated. If it isn't the system will power up, but won't actually do anything. Also refer to your motherboard manual about which slot to use, if you only have a single stick, sometimes you have to use a specific slot otherwise the system won't boot.

Solution