[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 2200G or Ryzen 3 1300X or Intel i7 2600

sfinctah

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
I'm thinking of building a new Pc but I'm on a strict budget and I'm having trouble figuring out which used cpu I should buy to go with my gtx1050.
Prices:
R3 1300x : 65$
R3 2200G: 80$
i7 2600: 43$
Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Solution
R3 1300x is the best of those. The 2200G is ok, but looses Alot on the top end due to lack of L3 cache, that space being used by the Vega graphics, which you don't need.

The i7 is ancient. 2nd generation, and we are on 12th now. The cpu might be cheap, but it's performance is somewhat behind the other 2, it relies on DDR3 ram, and a motherboard that's reliable is getting hard to find or justify the expense of.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
R3 1300x is the best of those. The 2200G is ok, but looses Alot on the top end due to lack of L3 cache, that space being used by the Vega graphics, which you don't need.

The i7 is ancient. 2nd generation, and we are on 12th now. The cpu might be cheap, but it's performance is somewhat behind the other 2, it relies on DDR3 ram, and a motherboard that's reliable is getting hard to find or justify the expense of.

Reactions: sfinctah
Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Second generation Intel is going to offer you no manner of upgrade path. A lot of what you might do with a strict budget can depend on what you currently have and what you budget is.

What are you working with and where are you located?

TRENDING THREADS