[SOLVED] RYZEN 3 2200G overclock not applying.

Apr 30, 2020
I overlock my RYZEN 3 2200G through bios.
I put it in 3.70ghz but when I stress my CPU. It utiluze only 3.50ghz, the stock speed of cpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's multiple things that affect Ryzen behavior, especially concerning boost speeds. Temps, and voltages being on the top of the list. You might have stuck the APU at 3.7GHz, locked all the cores, given it enough voltage to get there, but you also assume it will do just that. They don't. The 3.7GHz is also assuming there's better than adequate cooling. Ryzens don't allow you to hurt them, so if it reaches a certain temp during the load, it'll automatically lower clock speeds and voltages to prevent overheat damage. Works the same if voltages are too high, it won't allow the boost past a certain point. Not on all cores. It might boost 1 core that high, with 2nd core 100MHz lower etc, but not all cores.

A Ryzen will downclock to give best performance it can, safely, within its own limitations. An intel will just overheat trying to live up to your wishes.

That said, apart from changing the multiplier, just what else was set, and what temps were achieved during the stress?

Apr 30, 2020
There's multiple things that affect Ryzen behavior, especially concerning boost speeds. Temps, and voltages being on the top of the list. You might have stuck the APU at 3.7GHz, locked all the cores, given it enough voltage to get there, but you also assume it will do just that. They don't. The 3.7GHz is also assuming there's better than adequate cooling. Ryzens don't allow you to hurt them, so if it reaches a certain temp during the load, it'll automatically lower clock speeds and voltages to prevent overheat damage. Works the same if voltages are too high, it won't allow the boost past a certain point. Not on all cores. It might boost 1 core that high, with 2nd core 100MHz lower etc, but not all cores.

A Ryzen will downclock to give best performance it can, safely, within its own limitations. An intel will just overheat trying to live up to your wishes.

That said, apart from changing the multiplier, just what else was set, and what temps were achieved during the stress?

THank you sir for replying.
the temp of the CPU is just at 65C