Question Ryzen 3 2200g overheat

Jun 9, 2019
Can someone help me, I just finish building PC with ryzen 3 2200g. I wondering is my cpu temp normal.
In bios it show 44c and rise to 52c, on coretemp & ryzen master it stay on 34c on idle.

I tested it using prime 95 v.29, the cpu temp start to overheat it rise to 65c in a second and keep rise to 80s.
I using stock cooler, I tried to reapply thermal paste but nothing change.

Is it hardware or software/driver issue, anybody know what should I do.
I using HDD from my old PC that use FX 4300, it already has windows 10pro installed. Am I need to clean install my operating system or update BIOS?.

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
52 is high in BIOS.
Did you complete the Prime 95 test or cut it out before it hit highest temperatures?

May be worth seeing temps when under load of normal applications - for example if you game, play a game and monitor temps and post back.

Jun 9, 2019
Well
52 is high in BIOS.
Did you complete the Prime 95 test or cut it out before it hit highest temperatures?

May be worth seeing temps when under load of normal applications - for example if you game, play a game and monitor temps and post back.
U
52 is high in BIOS.

Well I play Batman Arkham Knight for 40min the max temp was 67

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
67 is fine especially considering you're using stock cooling.

Realistically you want to aim for temps below 80 degrees.

Also BIOS temps will be higher than basic windows boot up as it doesn't have power saving features on in the BIOS.