Question Ryzen 3 2200G overlocking

Vishal_7

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
It's been quite a while since I'm running my Ryzen 3 2200G to some overclocked settings:
TL,DR: Here is a video of my overclock ! Don't worry it's a short one.
Can you guys please have a look and tell me if the overclock is fine or not ? I guess the GPU voltage is on the high side due to the fact that I get 70 degree C in gaming while 59C when at stock speeds.
CPU: RYZEN 3 2200G [3.7Ghz/ 1.330 VOLTAGE]
GPU: INTEGRATED VEGA GPU [ 1320MHz ] with 1.23V
RAM: CORSAIR 8GBX2 SINGLE RANK 2933MHz 16-20-20-38 TIMINGS @ 1.35V
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450M PRO-VDH update to the latest BIOS. [May update]
PSU: Corsair CX450

Update 1:
Ok . I did a few tests again. I did CPU,GPU,RAM OC separately while dialing back everything to stock settings when OC'ing. Yes it took a while doing so .
Firstly I dialed back everything at stock speeds [CPU,IGPU,RAM all].

Then I tried with CPU OC first. I am keeping it at 3.7GHz only as I don't feel much of a difference going beyond that. So this chip doesn't boots below 1.28V. Hence I kept it overnight at stress test and it passed. I am ok with this clock and voltage as well.

Then I dialed back everything at stock.

Went with IGPU OC. So anything beyond 1320Mhz Core clock is a BSOD. No matter what voltage I give. Infact even this clock is achievable at 1.23V. Hence I'm sticking with this. [i tried playing games with different clock and voltages and the only stable 4hr+ gameplay , no hiccup was this setup. ]

I dialed back everything at stock again.

For the RAM I tried everything but it is never ever stable above 2933 CL16. So I'm settling on with that.i believe this is ok [not the best due to hynix memory in my Corsaiir 3000MHz cl16 RAM kit.] for me.
This is my result.
So I got the OC results and went on with the above settings all together.
There is a problem though. When I am playing games, doing stuff like visual studio , browsing etc. No hiccups whatsoever. This program Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 runs well without any problem/stutter/playback issue. BUT the problem starts when I try to export my video. once the encoding starts and after some time the pc freezes. Everytime, with any video. What could be the problem ? Can i use event manager to get the log why is it happening as such ? Only when exporting videos this is the problem. All the editing part works flawlessly [no matter how bad/stuffed the video timeline is]. Can you please help me track back the source of the freezing ?
Sorry for the long post though.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS