[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 2200g runs like crap. I’ve got 8gb Ram and APU. But the pc is struggling even with very basic games

Yaspa

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Ryzen 3 2200g can’t handle very basic games. I have 8gb of RAM, but GPU shows 1 GB, I can’t play anything, WOT goes on Low, GTA 5 can’t run at all. I’m desperate if anyone can help

Solution
So you mean 2 sticks are required?
For good performance? Yes. They also need to be rather high clocked (3200MHz is sweet spot) and said clock needs to be enabled. 2x8 Gb at 3200 MHz makes these APU sing.
The sticks need to be identical (maker, model, size, reference)
The Maximum VRAM you can set in the BIOS is 2GB. You're running in single channel instead of dual channel with only 1 stick. That's ~ 30% fps lost in some titles.
Actually it depends on the board maker and BIOS revision. It can also be a bit quirky: a motherboard of mine with 2x8Gb did not allow me to allocate more than 512 Mb on first boot, I had to set up the BIOS first, save, reboot, enter the BIOS again and then I could allocate up to 4Gb (or 25% of installed RAM).

Yaspa

Prominent
May 3, 2020
For good performance? Yes. They also need to be rather high clocked (3200MHz is sweet spot) and said clock needs to be enabled. 2x8 Gb at 3200 MHz makes these APU sing.
I just allocated 2gb for GPU, it helped a bit. I’ve got really silly question, can one overclock RAM to run faster? I really am noob in this imao

Yaspa

Prominent
May 3, 2020
Depending on the RAM you have, this can improve RAM speed from 20 to 50%, however getting a second, identical RAM stick in the proper slot would double RAM speed on top of that. APUs are starved for memory bandwidth, the more they get the faster they are.
The only thing is I bought my RAM a year ago from AliExpress, now it kinda expensive. One can buy the same speed 20% cheaper from local store but different brand. So I guess I’ll pick same speed and try to pair them

The only thing is I bought my RAM a year ago from AliExpress, now it kinda expensive. One can buy the same speed 20% cheaper from local store but different brand. So I guess I’ll pick same speed and try to pair them
Instead of spending money on ram to improve graphics performance of your APU you could buy a cheap GPU such as an RX 550 for $85 or RX 560 for $100 or look for a used RX 570

Instead of spending money on ram to improve graphics performance of your APU you could buy a cheap GPU such as an RX 550 for $85 or RX 560 for $100 or look for a used RX 570
No! These cards are not much faster than the integrated GPU and increasing RAM helps with other tasks.
While cards like the rx560 and up would get a higher max frame rate, the lack of dual channel RAM would cause the CPU to be starved for RAM and cause bad fps dips. So, get more RAM first.

Last edited:
No! These cards are not much faster than the integrated GPU and increasing RAM helps with other tasks.
While cards like the rx560 and up would get a higher max frame rate, the lack of dual channel RAM would cause the CPU to be starved for RAM and cause bad fps dips. So, get more RAM first.
Ok the RX 550 isn't much faster than the APU(with fast dual channel ram) but the 560 and 570 will give higher performance