[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 2200g + rx 570 4gb

Oct 26, 2020
Previous system - ryzen 3 2200g + gtx 960 2gb paired with 8GB single stick ram at 2667mhz

So on this system i used to run apex legends at the lowest between 60-90 fps and it was pretty smooth. I also played witcher 3 on this in the lowest which gave me around 40-60 fps.

I wanted to upgrade my gpu and saw that the rx 570 is a good option for a good price. It was a bit hard to move from nvidia given its easy user interface for the settings compared to adrenaline. But right now I'm having issues playing apex legends on the lowest settings (fps 40-70 )with frames stuttering when im playing. It was no smoother than the gtx 960 which only had 2gb of vram compared to the 4gb on this.

But on the other hand i was starting to play witcher 3 at ultra settings getting around 80-110 fps.

I've no idea why apex legends is stuttering and dropping compared to the youtube videos i watch of other playing at 100 + fps with the same combo.

Fyi i even got the rx 570 red devil which is an OC version and i play everything at 1080p

Solution
You're CPU-limited.

Hit CTRL + Shift + O (the letter) to enable radeon overlay, and monitor your GPU usage % in each game. If the GPU is <80% (or so) then you're CPU limited.

I much prefer AMDs software UI to Nvidia's...
Oct 26, 2020
Only for apex its having the stuttering issue, I've tried other games and it keeps up. When i played apex legends i was monitoring the gpu usage and it mostly was around 50-60 usage while the cpu was at 100.

I really don't understand how the guys who advertised this combo got such a high fps.

Oct 26, 2020
I would say CPU limited for sure. Actually that single stick of ram is hurting you as well. Change the ram out for a 2x8gb kit of ddr4 3200.
My mobo only supports 2667mhz of ram, so is it okay to get a single 8gb ram with the same frequency?
I play everything at 1080p
I really don't understand how my older gtx 960 used to play it smoother without any stutters

Only for apex its having the stuttering issue, I've tried other games and it keeps up. When i played apex legends i was monitoring the gpu usage and it mostly was around 50-60 usage while the cpu was at 100.
That's the definition of CPU limited.

In terms of the comparison to the GTX960 smoothness. It might be that you're getting FPS "spikes" every so often when the CPU can actually push through draw calls to the GPU quicker. So the RX570 is allowed to stretch its legs a bit during those brief moments. Whereas the GTX960 was constantly the bottleneck.

What mobo?

Oct 26, 2020
That's the definition of CPU limited.

In terms of the comparison to the GTX960 smoothness. It might be that you're getting FPS "spikes" every so often when the CPU can actually push through draw calls to the GPU quicker. So the RX570 is allowed to stretch its legs a bit during those brief moments. Whereas the GTX960 was constantly the bottleneck.

What mobo?
Mobo = mother board.
So i might need to go for another better cpu. Could you let me know some cpus on the same price range as this.
I do also like to know how the some guys in youtube play them at very high fps with the same gear I've.

Mobo = mother board
What mobo do you have? (that was my question)

I do also like to know how the some guys in youtube play them at very high fps with the same gear I've.
This youtube video: Also using a 2200G? Was their 2200G stock clocks or OC'd? Also a single stick of DDR4-2666? Are you using the same resolution and quality settings as they were? Same GPU driver version (although typically driver updates improve performance...but...)

* I don't follow Apex Legends, but has there been any game updates that could have changed game performance that occurred between the youtube video and the time of your testing?

Oct 26, 2020
What mobo do you have? (that was my question)

This youtube video: Also using a 2200G? Was their 2200G stock clocks or OC'd? Also a single stick of DDR4-2666? Are you using the same resolution and quality settings as they were? Same GPU driver version (although typically driver updates improve performance...but...)

* I don't follow Apex Legends, but has there been any game updates that could have changed game performance that occurred between the youtube video and the time of your testing?
Hey there I'm using the basic a320 motherboard from MSI which is a micro atx. I'm not sure about a single stick of ddr4 memory but surely it ran the same clock speed. And yes my settings were the same as theirs. All i know is that apex keeps updating every season to have performance optimization.
I know my cpu is bottlenecking right now as its always at 100% usage when the game is running. I tried the rx 570 with a core i5 6500. It did play a bit better having 10% more fps.

On the other hand i tried valorant in my ryzen cpu and got around 90-120 while the intel gave me around 120-160.

At that moment i decided i needed to upgrade the cpu. What would you recommend to be a real good cpu upgrade that could future proof this for at least 3-4 years. The budget should be under 300$.

At the same time do you think overclocking the 2200g would give me better performance??
I'm using the stock amd cooler so is it safe?