Question Ryzen 3 2200g vs Ryzen 5 1400?

Mar 8, 2019
I will be building a pc but confused with these two cpus... I am planning to use discreet gpu( gtx 1050ti or rx 570 whichever i get cheap). I want a decent pc like 60 % for gaming and 40% in for my work( web development/designing , photo shop/ and short video edit(1 minutes)). I am tight in budget only $250 - $270 on cpu and gpu .
So which cpu will work fine ? R3 2200g or R5 1400?
And can any one please tell if there is any performance difference between them?
Thank you !

On the topic of the 1050 Ti vs the RX 570, keep in mind that while their prices might be similar (The 1050 Ti actually costs more right now in the US), the RX 570 is far faster, being similar in performance to a 1060 3GB, offering around 50% higher frame rates than a 1050 Ti...

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/RX_570_Pulse/30.html

It's also currently possible to find RX 570s bundled with downloads for a couple popular new game releases from certain online retailers. There's not really much point going with a 1050 Ti right now unless one is upgrading a prebuilt system with a low-power PSU.

Reactions: NineTailNoob

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you have a Micro Center anywhere nearby, they have the R5 1600 at the same price as the 2200G right now, $80.

As to performance, type in "processor model" vs. "processor model" and you will see multiple results come up with sites that give charts numbers to make that assessment with. I personally rather like User Benchmarks for a side by side comparison and Pass Mark for single and multi core numbers to compare.