Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Hi, im starting to build my new pc, here are the specs: CPU: 2200g or 2400g
Ram: G Skill Aegis 2x8gb 3000mhz
Mobo: Gigabyte b450m-ds3h
Storage:120 ssd
1tb hdd
Psu:Coolermaster masterwatt lite 400w
This build with the 2200g is gonna cost ~370€ in my country, but my question is:
Should i buy the 2200g at a price of 90€ or the 2400g in an offer of 100€?, is there gonna be a huge difference? Is it worth the 10 more euros?
P.S I will invest in the future for a RX 570 4gb gpu

Solution
B450 doesn't support Ryzen 3000 out of the box originally. However, many have been updated in the factory to support it now. Contact the seller to see if they have the updated BIOS. If not, get a B450 Tomahawk, as they can be updated without the compatible CPU needed. The 2400g doesn't need updated BIOS.
Do you have the 1300X or 1400 within your price range? Ideally the 1500X. They should be close in price nonetheless.

That is if you will get the video card right away. Otherwise, the 2200G, from the CPU perspective, is not using SMT, so it's a 4 core 4 thread CPU and the 2400G is 4 core 8 threads. This could be a slight advantage for some games and workloads. I would say the price difference is worth it.

And, finally, are the new 3200G and 3600G within your price range?

Cheers!

MikeMats17

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Do you have the 1300X or 1400 within your price range? Ideally the 1500X. They should be close in price nonetheless.

That is if you will get the video card right away. Otherwise, the 2200G, from the CPU perspective, is not using SMT, so it's a 4 core 4 thread CPU and the 2400G is 4 core 8 threads. This could be a slight advantage for some games and workloads. I would say the price difference is worth it.

And, finally, are the new 3200G and 3600G within your price range?

Cheers!
Hey, thanks for answering!
I am looking to buy a gpu in the future (~3 months) so i am looking for something that will be able to handle some normal gaming (CS GO standards) and i dont really care about the graphics quality in the games.
Also I live in Greece and the 3rd gen ryzen came out 2 days ago, so its gonna take a long time to get stocked here, from newegg it will cost me 130€ with 20€ being shipping, so i dont know if its worth buying at the moment. But I can wait some time cause I will buy the cpu last, seeing that the new gen is really good, i guess its worth waiting for the stocks.
Also, does a b450m motherboard support ryzen 3rd gen?

Thanks!

Hey, thanks for answering!
I am looking to buy a gpu in the future (~3 months) so i am looking for something that will be able to handle some normal gaming (CS GO standards) and i dont really care about the graphics quality in the games.
Also I live in Greece and the 3rd gen ryzen came out 2 days ago, so its gonna take a long time to get stocked here, from newegg it will cost me 130€ with 20€ being shipping, so i dont know if its worth buying at the moment. But I can wait some time cause I will buy the cpu last, seeing that the new gen is really good, i guess its worth waiting for the stocks.
Also, does a b450m motherboard support ryzen 3rd gen?

Thanks!
Most models of B450 should, yes. You will have to double check with the manufacturer's page to confirm.

And both the 3200G and 22000G should be good for you. The new Ryzens, on the APU side, are not quite Zen gen2, but gen1.5 instead, so the performance difference won't be that big for APUs from 2K to 3K gen.

I forgot to mention that you'll need decent RAM though. See if you can buy 16GB 3200Mhz or around it.

Cheers!

MikeMats17

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Most models of B450 should, yes. You will have to double check with the manufacturer's page to confirm.

And both the 3200G and 22000G should be good for you. The new Ryzens, on the APU side, are not quite Zen gen2, but gen1.5 instead, so the performance difference won't be that big for APUs from 2K to 3K gen.

I forgot to mention that you'll need decent RAM though. See if you can buy 16GB 3200Mhz or around it.

Cheers!
Alright thanks, i will probably buy the 2400g in the end if its not that big of a difference in 3K, also I will buy 2x8gb 3000mhz ram so i think it will be enough.

B450 doesn't support Ryzen 3000 out of the box originally. However, many have been updated in the factory to support it now. Contact the seller to see if they have the updated BIOS. If not, get a B450 Tomahawk, as they can be updated without the compatible CPU needed. The 2400g doesn't need updated BIOS.

Solution