May 17, 2018
Hi, so i've recently just bought a set of parts to build a new pc:
mobo: asrock a320m hdv
cpu: Ryzen 3 2200g
ram: Team elite 8gb ddr4
PSU: corsair vs650
no GPU (i use onboard)
and a 1tb harddrive with win7 on.

when i first built it it wouldnt boot at all, there was (or still is) no beep and the fans etc were on. So i thought i would return the parts back to the seller. The seller said that the mobo required the latest bios to work with the cpu, so he updated it AND it seemed to work for him (pics and screenshots as a proof). Just today the parts arrived back at my house, i built it again and voila.. same problem, still wont boot. The only different parts the seller and i use for the pc are the harddisk and PSU, which mine dont have any problem at all (tested on different pc). I know that win7 doesnt work on ryzen 3 2200g and i am intending to install win10, but it should at least boot onto BSOD.

Also, once turned on, the pc wont turn off even if i hold down the power button.

EDIT: The seller used the same parts that i bought from him

The cables are all correctly placed.
spWK9JQ

Solution
Could be a faulty PSU or even the processor though the chances of that are slim. Your system should boot up even if the RAM is installed incorrectly, giving you beep sounds but I would double check and install the ram modules in a different slot. Start off with a single module (if you have multiple) and move it around into different slots.

Make sure the button behind PSU is on (if it has one).

Make sure you connected both the mobo connector and the CPU connector.

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
Could be a faulty PSU or even the processor though the chances of that are slim. Your system should boot up even if the RAM is installed incorrectly, giving you beep sounds but I would double check and install the ram modules in a different slot. Start off with a single module (if you have multiple) and move it around into different slots.

Make sure the button behind PSU is on (if it has one).

Make sure you connected both the mobo connector and the CPU connector.

Solution
May 17, 2018
I have tried moving the ram into different slots, no result. FYI i accidentally applied a little too much thermal paste and a little bit of it spilled to the side, though the spill doesnt touch the pins nor get into the cpu socket as i haven't removed the processor ever since applying the paste, will this have a chance of being the issue?

mbilal2

Reputable
Jun 15, 2017
I actually remember doing the same. My PC wouldn't start because I had applied a bit too much thermal paste. Try cleaning it off and applying very little (half the size of a pea) amount of thermal paste right in the middle. You don't have to spread it. The pressure from the heat plates will do that. Also while you are doing this, make sure no pins are bent at the bottom and that there's no paste sticking to the contact points under the CPU.

TRENDING THREADS