Prominent
Jul 22, 2021
Hi, This is my system:

Ryzen 3 3200G
ASUS A320M-K
16GB RAM
256GB SSD
1TB HDD

My current monitor is LG E1940 (720p). I'm planning to buy a monitor with a good colour gamut and good factory calibration.
I've chosen the BenQ PD2500Q (1440p).😋

My doubt:
Will my CPU be able to handle this monitor?
Will it be compatible with my A-GPU?

Small latencies and lags can be bearable.

And if I sell the current monitor (LG), no one will buy it. So I thought of using it as a secondary monitor (For E-mails, surfing, project monitor in NLE's, etc.) with the new BenQ monitor.
Will that be possible?

If not, no problem. I'll ditch the old one. But I don't want it to go to waste.😇

My work: I'm a freelancer. I do video, audio, and photo post-production. I don't play games, ever.

I searched the internet and, most people say to test out the monitor. Buy it on amazon and test it out.
But I'm not in such a situation. My work is picking up and, I don't want to waste any time on this.

So please help me, guys!😊

Thanks in advance!
Surendhiran Subramanian.

Solution
The motherboard specs say 4k is supported at 24hz.
That may not be as comfortable as you want.
2560 x 1600 is supported at 60hz which is fine.
Possibly 2560 x 1440 which you are considering will be in between.
If the monitor quality suits you, buy it.
The cpu is not the strongest but should have no issue with displaying anything.

By all means connect your old monitor,
A second monitor is most useful for desktop work.

If it turns out that the refresh rate is unsuitable, you can always buy a discrete card.

surendhiran977

Prominent
Jul 22, 2021
Hi, This is my system:

Ryzen 3 3200G
ASUS A320M-K
16GB RAM
256GB SSD
1TB HDD

My current monitor is LG E1940 (720p). I'm planning to buy a monitor with a good colour gamut and good factory calibration.

My doubt:

And if I sell the current monitor (LG), no one will buy it. So I thought of using it as a secondary monitor (For E-mails, surfing, project monitor in NLE's, etc.) with the new BenQ monitor.
Will that be possible?

If not, no problem. I'll ditch the old one. But I don't want it to go to waste.😇

My work: I'm a freelancer. I do video, audio, and photo post-production. I don't play games, ever.

I searched the internet and, most people say to test out the monitor. Buy it on amazon and test it out.
But I'm not in such a situation. My work is picking up and, I don't want to waste any time on this.

So please help me, guys.😊

Thanks in advance!
Surendhiran Subramanian.

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Hi, This is my system:

Ryzen 3 3200G
ASUS A320M-K
16GB RAM
256GB SSD
1TB HDD

My doubt:

Will that be possible?

So please help me, guys.😊

Thanks in advance!
Surendhiran Subramanian.
I actually have a 4k lg monitor hooked up to a 3200g system and it runs with no problem. So your system can support a 720p and 1440p monitor at the same time. I have used various adobe applications like illustrator and photoshop with no issue, but I do not know how applications like premiere pro will fare. You can search up some benchmarks for your video editing software just to make sure. All in all, there shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: surendhiran977

surendhiran977

Prominent
Jul 22, 2021
I actually have a 4k lg monitor hooked up to a 3200g system and it runs with no problem. So your system can support a 720p and 1440p monitor at the same time. I have used various adobe applications like illustrator and photoshop with no issue, but I do not know how applications like premiere pro will fare. You can search up some benchmarks for your video editing software just to make sure. All in all, there shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you so much.

The motherboard specs say 4k is supported at 24hz.
That may not be as comfortable as you want.
2560 x 1600 is supported at 60hz which is fine.
Possibly 2560 x 1440 which you are considering will be in between.
If the monitor quality suits you, buy it.
The cpu is not the strongest but should have no issue with displaying anything.

By all means connect your old monitor,
A second monitor is most useful for desktop work.

If it turns out that the refresh rate is unsuitable, you can always buy a discrete card.

Reactions: surendhiran977
Solution