Question Ryzen 3 3200G and ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS motherboard?

Cro55ed

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
I have been thinking about building another PC. Something that is, well, generally better than average. Last time I built a PC was at the age of 13, I'm now 15, and well, new things come out and old things rot away, right?

The question is the thread title. It's been a while for me, so I thought just to stick with PCPartPicker for a while. Okay, so the problem is that this motherboard might need a BIOS update for these newer 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs. Doing a bit of digging, this motherboard started being manufactured before 3rd gen came out. So I might need a 2nd or 1st gen to update the BIOS, and then I could use the third gen CPU. What should I do?

Cro55ed

Honorable
Jul 30, 2016
I think I asked that because I was going to suggest just going with a Ryzen 5 2600. You will be CPU limited in a lot of newer games if you go with a 4C/4T quad-core CPU paired with your RTX 2060.

But, you should also know that MSI's "MAX" series of motherboards support Ryzen 3000 right out of the box.
Ah okay, and I want to get this ASUS motherboard, it fits well with what I want. (Might even get ASUS gaming gear)

RTX 2060?

I'd suggest avoiding the B450m TUF PLUS Gaming... instead look for the B450m TUF PRO Gaming. It's an improved version, much better.

Also, you could save a little on the processor if instead of going for 2600 go for a 1600 AF processor. It's a 1600 but built with what is basically a 2600 CPU die so you get similar performance but at a steep discount. Only get it if it's the AF model.