[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 3200g Bios Temp 55°c

Aug 7, 2020
This is my first build, and when i entered bios, my cpu temp is 55°c (stock cooler) Is it normal?

Solution
BIOS temps will always be a bit higher than in the OS, as it doesn't have all the power saving modes active yet.

In saying that, and without knowing your specs or case fan setup, its a bit high.

All fans definitely running? At their correct speeds?

I would check your CPU cooler is firmly attached, and re-do the thermal paste if you have some.

Over-tightening of CPU cooler screws/clamps/clips can also have this effect, the cooler should be secure but still have a slight amount of 'slide' if that makes sense. Too tight and the TP gets pushed out the sides, rendering it ineffective.

Hope this helps!

RamboRyza

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
BIOS temps will always be a bit higher than in the OS, as it doesn't have all the power saving modes active yet.

In saying that, and without knowing your specs or case fan setup, its a bit high.

All fans definitely running? At their correct speeds?

I would check your CPU cooler is firmly attached, and re-do the thermal paste if you have some.

Over-tightening of CPU cooler screws/clamps/clips can also have this effect, the cooler should be secure but still have a slight amount of 'slide' if that makes sense. Too tight and the TP gets pushed out the sides, rendering it ineffective.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution

RamboRyza

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
^
Well there you go, I run Intel so not 100% sure of AMD temps. Bets bet would be to google idle temps of your processor and see what other peoples ranges are, that will give you a good idea of where you are sitting with it.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
My 3700x on an Asus ROG Strix X470-F MB with a Scythe Ninja 5 cooler it is around 50C in BIOS but idles at 32-34C in Windows (with an ambient temp of 70-72F/21-22C) .
As stated above that is completely normal due to the fact that the BIOS does Not support downclocking.

Last edited:

dchen2105

Proper
Aug 11, 2020
You should be fine, just make sure that temps are at or below 50 C when in OS. Up to 50 C is normal, to my knowledge. The Wraith Stealth is the same as the stock cooler for Ryzen 5 3600, so it should be more than adequate(assuming nothing is defective). If it's still too high, check fan curves and adjust as needed.

InvalidError

Titan
Really the most important temp you should be worried about is load temps. Idle temps really don't matter a whole lot (just depends).
It matters when it is seriously out of wack, ex.: when I disodged my E8400's stock HSF while dusting it, idle/light-load temperature was around 80C instead of the usual 40-ish when I later ran into odd performance issues and investigated the cause.

Kind of like a medical exam, numbers don't mean much unless you have a known-good baseline for yourself since every body and every PC is different. Normal for one is not necessarily normal for the neighborhood.

Reactions: RamboRyza

TRENDING THREADS