[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 3200g high voltage/ core vid?

Lazy Dog

Prominent
Sep 17, 2021
Hello, i bought a PC with a Ryzen 3200g, the first thing i did after setting it up was install HWinfo, and it gave me these values:
JqS81AY.png

I haven't overclock anything.
are they normal? highest i've seen Vcore go is 1.448v

Please don't give me a "why did you buy a 3200g in 2021?". I'm from Argentina, budget is really tight.

Last edited:
Solution

Please don't give me a "why did you buy a 3200g in 2021?". I'm from Argentina, budget is really tight.
Unless you know what it precisely is (in which case you wouldn't be asking this) you can just ignore core VID on Ryzen CPU's and APU's.

The one to look at most assiduously is CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN). That's the internal voltage reported by the CPU in telemetry. Also of interest is the VCore value circled above, that's the voltage launched by the VRM but (frequently) before VDroop has had a chance to 'happen'.

In light, bursty loads most Ryzen processors will spike core voltage as high as 1.5V when it boosts to a max clock. It's perfectly normal. In extreme...

Unless you know what it precisely is (in which case you wouldn't be asking this) you can just ignore core VID on Ryzen CPU's and APU's.

The one to look at most assiduously is CPU Core Voltage (SVI2 TFN). That's the internal voltage reported by the CPU in telemetry. Also of interest is the VCore value circled above, that's the voltage launched by the VRM but (frequently) before VDroop has had a chance to 'happen'.

In light, bursty loads most Ryzen processors will spike core voltage as high as 1.5V when it boosts to a max clock. It's perfectly normal. In extreme heavy all core work it will drop as low as 1.2V. That's also perfectly normal. This architecture loves VDroop.

Solution