Hello all,

I recently built myself a PC with the following components;

-Ryzen 3 3200G
-Asus Prime B450M-A Motherboard
-Crucial BallistiX Sports 2666 dual channel 8GB RAM Kit
-Crucial BX500 120GB SSD
-Windows 10 64 Bit
-No Dedicated Graphics

The PC itself (when it displays correctly) runs flawlessly, and runs the game I built it to play (GTA V) really well for an iGPU.

One slight issue is, when I plug my TV into the PC via HDMI onboard, there will be no BIOS splash screen, no windows loading screen, and display will only come through when it's into windows, but will be locked at 640 x 480........

Using a HDMI monitor (or DVI/VGA), the PC doesn't do this, so I presume it's some sort of incompatibility with my TV. So not a faulty board. If I throw a dedicated GPU in and use HDMI on my TV, no problem at all.

However this is where it gets interesting. I googled the issue, many people had the same issue with various OEM pre-builds. Their solution was to unplug power from the display for a few seconds, reconnect and it should work fine.

This works!! if I unplug my TV power, then re-plug, the PC will boot up absolutely fine, display fine, bios splash, windows loading screen, all there. and then it will display at the native 1080P that it should. However if I shut down then start up or restart the PC, the issue will start all over.

I have used all 3 available drivers (AMD's optional drivers, their regular drivers and the windows 10 Vega 8 default drivers) all bring the same issue.

No BIOS settings I can see that would affect this (BIOS is untouched from the defaults), I've even updated the BIOS to the latest one, no issues.

All windows 10 updates done.

I've re-seated the memory (as this acts as VRAM for the iGPU), as well as changing slots, still the same.

I'm really at a loss now, because using the PC with the iGPU as I intended is a ballache, and buying a dedicated GPU for it really defeats the point of me getting a 3200G.

Any suggestions anyone can make as to why it's doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.