Question Ryzen 3 3200g new build does not boot

Feb 1, 2021
I just completed a new build with a Ryzen 3 3200g with integrated graphics. When I turn the computer on the CPU fan and case fans all start but nothing appears on the monitor. No bios, no boot screen, nothing. Mouse lights up, but keyboard does not. Please help!

System specs:
  • Ryzen 3 3200g
  • ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0
  • G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB DDR4
  • Thermaltake 700W 80+ Bronze
  • Kingston 240GB SATA SSD
After initial test I found out the BIOS may have needed an update to work with this newer CPU. Since I have an old Ryzen 5 1600 CPU I put this into my build along with a GTX 1060 GPU (because Ryzen 1600 does not have integrated graphics) and everything worked perfectly. So I know the issue is not the motherboard, ram, power supply, or SSD. Then I downloaded the newest BIOS version from ASRock's website (v4.4) and put it on a flash drive. I booted to BIOS and used it to upgrade the BIOS version. I rebooted with the same CPU to make sure everything still worked, which it did. I then shut everything down, swapped back to my new Ryzen 3 3200g and tried to boot. Same issue. Fans start but nothing appears on the screen. I tried with and without the GPU. I tried resetting the CMOS by taking it out, unplugging the power cord and holding the power button for 30 seconds. Still the same issue.

Any other ideas as far as troubleshooting?

Was my CPU dead on arrival?

I've never used a CPU with integrated graphics before. Is there something else I'm missing?

Jan 29, 2021
i have the exact same issue only that i have an asus b450-f board. it boooted up fine played a few games over the course of A week then it crashed (black screen did a hard reset) and i wont boot just cycles red and yellow flashes white light like its testing VGA the repeats

for your issue try poping back the ryzen 1600 and further update the bios version see if that helps, also before you do that try reseting the CMOS first its always finicky after a bios update and new processor is installed

Feb 1, 2021
i have the exact same issue only that i have an asus b450-f board. it boooted up fine played a few games over the course of A week then it crashed (black screen did a hard reset) and i wont boot just cycles red and yellow flashes white light like its testing VGA the repeats

for your issue try poping back the ryzen 1600 and further update the bios version see if that helps, also before you do that try reseting the CMOS first its always finicky after a bios update and new processor is installed

I've updated the BIOS to the newest version available on the ASRock website. I tried resetting the CMOS again but still nothing.

Feb 1, 2021
try the processor in another machine to verify it works also try different ram as well ryzen is picky with ram

I gave this a shot but the result is the same. I tested on my older MSI B350M Gaming Pro motherboard with different ram. Still the same issue. Is there any other way to test the CPU to see if it's dead?

TRENDING THREADS