[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 3200G support on Gigabyte A320M-S2H (rev 1.1)

williambacaimis

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
Hi, I brought an AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and and also brought a Gigabyte A320M-S2H from a local computer hardware shop. Before purchasing I emailed them asking about 3rd gen Support and they said it was compatible out of the box. I have now realized after receiving the CPU and Motherboard that It only mentions desktop 2000 ready on the motherboard. To complicate things even more I looked online for the rev 1.1 specifications and only the v2 version of the motherboard has a rev 1.1. I am so confused by all of this and if someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

Solution
check the mfr date on the label first, if it's later than 6/28/2019 it could have the F40 bios - newer stock should support straight out of the box. AMD I believe also has a loaner program where they send you a chip to update the bios.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Hi, I brought an AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and and also brought a Gigabyte A320M-S2H from a local computer hardware shop. Before purchasing I emailed them asking about 3rd gen Support and they said it was compatible out of the box. I have now realized after receiving the CPU and Motherboard that It only mentions desktop 2000 ready on the motherboard. To complicate things even more I looked online for the rev 1.1...
check the mfr date on the label first, if it's later than 6/28/2019 it could have the F40 bios - newer stock should support straight out of the box. AMD I believe also has a loaner program where they send you a chip to update the bios.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Hi, I brought an AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and and also brought a Gigabyte A320M-S2H from a local computer hardware shop. Before purchasing I emailed them asking about 3rd gen Support and they said it was compatible out of the box. I have now realized after receiving the CPU and Motherboard that It only mentions desktop 2000 ready on the motherboard. To complicate things even more I looked online for the rev 1.1 specifications and only the v2 version of the motherboard has a rev 1.1. I am so confused by all of this and if someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

Reactions: williambacaimis
Solution