[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 3200G support on Gigabyte A320M-S2H (rev 1.1)

williambacaimis

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
Hi, I brought an AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and and also brought a Gigabyte A320M-S2H from a local computer hardware shop. Before purchasing I emailed them asking about 3rd gen Support and they said it was compatible out of the box. I have now realized after receiving the CPU and Motherboard that It only mentions desktop 2000 ready on the motherboard. To complicate things even more I looked online for the rev 1.1 specifications and only the v2 version of the motherboard has a rev 1.1. I am so confused by all of this and if someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

Mr.Spock

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
check the mfr date on the label first, if it's later than 6/28/2019 it could have the F40 bios - newer stock should support straight out of the box. AMD I believe also has a loaner program where they send you a chip to update the bios.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Hi, I brought an AMD Ryzen 3 3200G and and also brought a Gigabyte A320M-S2H from a local computer hardware shop. Before purchasing I emailed them asking about 3rd gen Support and they said it was compatible out of the box. I have now realized after receiving the CPU and Motherboard that It only mentions desktop 2000 ready on the motherboard. To complicate things even more I looked online for the rev 1.1 specifications and only the v2 version of the motherboard has a rev 1.1. I am so confused by all of this and if someone could help me that would be great. Thanks.

Reactions: williambacaimis

williambacaimis

Prominent
Nov 25, 2018
Those are two different motherboards. One uses Socket AM4 - AMD A320 while the other is Socket AM4 - AMD B350.

They both appear to need BIOS updates for Ryzen 3 3200G with another processor. Ryzen 3 1200 is about $50.
Is there any chance that it was updated by them in store?

Mr.Spock

Prominent
Dec 8, 2019
check the mfr date on the label first, if it's later than 6/28/2019 it could have the F40 bios - newer stock should support straight out of the box. AMD I believe also has a loaner program where they send you a chip to update the bios.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Reactions: williambacaimis

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS