May 4, 2020
Hello, I was wondering as I’ve seen a lot of videos where people overclock the 3200G and get good performance. What exactly determines how far I’ll be able to clock my card? As some people say it depends on the motherboard and others say it’s the silicon lottery.

Then as well how do I know if I have won the silicon lottery or not?

and would you recommend overclocking this card for performance as it is a cheap card and the performance boost available is significan?

Thank you x

Solution
Card?? The iGPU is built into the CPU.

It's a combination of silicon lottery and having a decent motherboard with good clearn VRM's (Power delivery system) as well as having a good cooling system.

There are guides out there on how to overclock, but generally speaking in basic terms you bump up CPU multiplier or GPU multiplier to increase your clock speed incrementally. Then see if the system boots. If it boots, then run some benchmarks to get the machine to get fully heated and monitor temperatures until they level off. If everything is within specifications, go back to the bios and bump up the multiplier again. Until it doesn't boot or crashes during the benchmark. At this point you can bump up the CPU or GPU voltage to add...

It's a combination of silicon lottery and having a decent motherboard with good clearn VRM's (Power delivery system) as well as having a good cooling system.

There are guides out there on how to overclock, but generally speaking in basic terms you bump up CPU multiplier or GPU multiplier to increase your clock speed incrementally. Then see if the system boots. If it boots, then run some benchmarks to get the machine to get fully heated and monitor temperatures until they level off. If everything is within specifications, go back to the bios and bump up the multiplier again. Until it doesn't boot or crashes during the benchmark. At this point you can bump up the CPU or GPU voltage to add stability. The more voltage you add, the hotter the CPU will run. So run the benchmark again and make sure the chip is stable and make sure the temperatures level off below the maximum specification.

Solution
May 4, 2020

There are guides out there on how to overclock, but generally speaking in basic terms you bump up CPU multiplier or GPU multiplier to increase your clock speed incrementally. Then see if the system boots. If it boots, then run some benchmarks to get the machine to get fully heated and monitor temperatures until they level off. If everything is within specifications, go back to the bios and bump up the multiplier again. Until it doesn't boot or crashes during the benchmark. At this point you can bump up the CPU or GPU voltage to add stability. The more voltage you add, the hotter the CPU will run. So run the benchmark again and make sure the chip is stable and make sure the temperatures level off below the maximum specification.
does the Msi B450 Gaming pro catbon ac have good vrm?

Last edited: