[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 3300X hot temps!! solution please

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Hey Folks!
I just bought a ryzen 3 3300x with gtx 1660super in a msi b450-m a pro max
The temperatures of the cpu on idle were in 60 and sometimes 70 c. While during gaming it hits 83c.
I updated the bios and switched to power saver mode in windows 10. It went down for 49-48-50 on idle and 55-56 in gaming. Are the temperatures okay now ( am running amd stock cooler)
Also the gpu is around 50c on idle ( gigabyte oc dual fan version)
For the case (not mesh front, one similiar to NZXT h510) i have 4 intakes ( 3 in the front one on the top ) and one rear exhaust.
Because of the power saver, the cpu operates only at 2.17Ghz
While i revert to balanced mode it spikes right back up to 4.2 Ghz average with the old hot temperatures.
Thoughts?

Solution
Considering that you're using the stock cooler, I think the temperature is normal.

I believe that you should invert the top fan to blow the air off the case instead of taking it in since the ratio between intake and exhaust fans is quite unbalanced, which would just keep the hot air inside your case. That would probably reduce some degrees.

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
I use Ryzen Master in temps reading
Games i tested for now are just league of legends and valorant
removing the side glass panel doesn't help much in temps (only 2-3 c difference)

Jun 5, 2020
Upgrading from the stock cooler would probably help. I just built a new PC which has a Ryzen 3600 in it. For my CPU cooling I use the Arctic 34 eSports DUO. It's a pretty good and fairly silent cooler for the price. A hyper 212 EVO or a Noctua cooler would probably do the job for you and help with temps.

I have the NZXT h510 case with two 120mm intake fans at the front and one exhaust at the back. My idle temps (doing nothing except running RYZEN Master are around the low 30s, max 45 c when I boot up an application. I did a Heaven bench mark on Ultra settings and the highest my temps went were 60 c.

I'm no expert but I would reccomend you do this:
  1. Take of the front side panel off if you can to see if airflow improves.
  2. Is your cable management good? Bundles of cables in the case can block airflow
  3. Upgrade your CPU cooler.
Hope I gave you at least some ideas which could help your problem.

Last edited:

gdds_01

Reputable
May 5, 2020
Considering that you're using the stock cooler, I think the temperature is normal.

I believe that you should invert the top fan to blow the air off the case instead of taking it in since the ratio between intake and exhaust fans is quite unbalanced, which would just keep the hot air inside your case. That would probably reduce some degrees.

Reactions: Slavskyyyy
Solution

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Upgrading from the stock cooler would probably help. I just built a new PC which has a Ryzen 3600 in it. For my CPU cooling I use the Arctic 34 eSports DUO. It's a pretty good and fairly silent cooler for the price. A hyper 212 EVO or a Noctua cooler would probably do the job for you and help with temps.

I have the NZXT h510 case with two 120mm intake fans at the front and one exhaust at the back. My idle temps (doing nothing except running RYZEN Master are around the low 30s, max 45 c when I boot up an application. I did a Heaven bench mark on Ultra settings and the highest my temps went were 60 c.

I'm no expert but I would reccomend you do this:
  1. Take of the front side panel if you can to see if airflow improves.
  2. Is your cable management good? Bundles of cables in the case can block airflow
  3. Upgrade your CPU cooler.
Hope I gave you at least some ideas which could help your problem.

Thanks for your organised reply
For upgrading the cooler, I currently have no money because I spent it all on the pc as in my country pc part are Hella expensive!
Cable management is also on point
I was wondering if there are any bios settings I can tweak so I can reduce the temps to a reasonable range.
If not, I will have to keep using power saver mode till I can afford a new CPU cooler.

Reactions: Slavskyyyy

Tr4ck3r

Prominent
Jul 3, 2020
Thanks

Thanks for your reply sir
the top fan is a small one that I added by myself as an intake because there is a dust filter on the top. I will try your suggestion and see if it helps with the temps.