Bikash0205

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2016
Hi, I'm having issues with my newly bought Ryzen 3 3300x. I'm getting idle temp of 55-60. Sometimes it touches 70 on idle. I'm using cooler master ML120L AIO. I tried stock cooler which takes upto 80°C on idle.
I used core temp and bios to check temps.
Specs:
Ryzen 3300x
Asrock B450M-HDV R.40
Corsair Vengeance 8x2
WD 240 M.2 Sata SSD.
I'm sorry for my bad English.

EDIT: my ambient room temp is about 30.

Last edited:
Hello, you didn't mention the brand and model of your case, or how many fans does it have installed and where (front, back, top, etc).

Also for monitoring temps on Ryzen 3rd gen, I would either go with Ryzen Master, or hwinfo 64.

Now a few questions:

I know it will sound silly but you never kno: Did you removed the sticker from the base of the ML120L cooler, before applying it over the CPU?

Do you have PBO enable in BIOS?

Have you check that the Pump is well conected to the proper motherboard header and thats its working? (You will be able to check this if you use hwinfo, or just by placing the hand carefully over the pump, you should feel the vibration)

Last question: what GPU do you have?, and Do you use the PC for gaming, what are the max temps while gaming?

Why I like hwinfo 64, you can just double click and run the program, no need to install anything, it store (keep) the "MAX" values of a lot of sensores (frecuency, temp, voltages, power consumption, etc) so you don't need to watch it all the time, just go play or work, and when you are done you go back to hwinfo and see what are the MAX values readings.

Also don't use (run) more than one monitoring software at the time, pick one and stick with it.

Bikash0205

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2016
Hello, you didn't mention the brand and model of your case, or how many fans does it have installed and where (front, back, top, etc).

Also for monitoring temps on Ryzen 3rd gen, I would either go with Ryzen Master, or hwinfo 64.

Now a few questions:

I know it will sound silly but you never kno: Did you removed the sticker from the base of the ML120L cooler, before applying it over the CPU?

Do you have PBO enable in BIOS?

Have you check that the Pump is well conected to the proper motherboard header and thats its working? (You will be able to check this if you use hwinfo, or just by placing the hand carefully over the pump, you should feel the vibration)

Last question: what GPU do you have?, and Do you use the PC for gaming, what are the max temps while gaming?

Why I like hwinfo 64, you can just double click and run the program, no need to install anything, it store (keep) the "MAX" values of a lot of sensores (frecuency, temp, voltages, power consumption, etc) so you don't need to watch it all the time, just go play or work, and when you are done you go back to hwinfo and see what are the MAX values readings.

Also don't use (run) more than one monitoring software at the time, pick one and stick with it.
(1) My case
Ant Esports ICE-200TG
(2) got total 4 fans (including 1 AIO fan)
2 top in
1 front in
1 back out.
(3) yes i have removed the sticker.
(4) i have no idea about PBO ill check after posting this.
(5) i have checked the pump is working, i plugged it in sys_fan.
(6) I'm using an MSI Geforce GTX 1080 Armour OC.
(7) the max temp reaches after playing games shows as 81c.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Check temps with Ryzen Master.

2 top intakes? Why? Modify them to be exhausts.

Is the back fan the AIO fan? Leave it as an exhaust in that case. If it's in the front, leave it as intake.

Bikash0205

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2016
Check temps with Ryzen Master.

2 top intakes? Why? Modify them to be exhausts.

Is the back fan the AIO fan? Leave it as an exhaust in that case. If it's in the front, leave it as intake.
With Ryzen master it shows about 50-55 max while core temp shows 60-65.
and yes i will change then to be exhausts.

Bikash0205

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2016
ive
80 on idle with a cooler is too much, did u make sure u mounted the cooler properly...??? and everytime u change cooler, u need to reapply thermal paste properly.... if with that cooler it shows 70 on idle , then guaranteed the cooler is not mounted properly or u need to rma the cooler...
ive mounted it properly, the contact is proper i checked, i use cooler master thermal paste, which i tried on both (AIO and stock) still no proper result. i used that AIO before with my Intel i5 8400. it was perfect about 35-40 on idle and 55 max while gaming.