Question Ryzen 3 Crashing Games

daman540

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
I can run the games for about 5 minutes before it crashes.
SPECS
------------
AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 3GB DDR5
GIGABYTE GA-A320M-S2H
Patriot Memory Viper Elite Series DDR4 8GB 2133 MHz
Corsair VS 450 Watt
------------
I tried running CSGO, Fortnite, Rainbow 6, Black Ops 3, and all crashes. I'm pretty sure I have all the drivers. It's my first time building a computer!

daman540

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
Go to device manager and make sure you are running the 1050 as your gpu and not the onboard graphics on your cpu/apu. What kind of error messages are you getting?
There's no error message, it usually just ends the program. Here's an example from CS:GO
failed to lock index buffer in cmeshdx8 lockindexbuffer
I looked into the device manager and under Display Adapters, I'm getting only "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050"

daman540

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
Crashes as in reboot or bluescreen? Reboots for no apparent reason could be caused by bad power, in which case I would suspect the PSU as the Corsair VS is one of the worst PSU lines under the Corsair brand.
No bluescreen/blackscreen. It just basically crashes the game with sometimes an error message. Rainbow 6 on the other hand will just freeze with no error message. I'll have to force end task it. I doubt it's the hardware or anything? It's my first time building a pc and I switched from a mac.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
I know the dx error thing is very common in cs:go. The freezing may be settings too high for your card. Or need to try uninstall Nvidia drivers and reinstall. What version of windows are you using?

daman540

Commendable
Mar 2, 2019
I can not help you with cs/go, but the freezing would be turning the settings up too high for the card to run the graphics, and/or bad drivers. Try to run the games in low settings to see if you still get freezing

no I was showing you a picture of the installer I was referring to. This site. https://www.nvidia.com
Ok for sure. I'll try to lower the settings and see if that helps. There's no dedicated PCIe cable from the power supply to the graphics card, is that an issue?

InvalidError

Titan
No bluescreen/blackscreen. It just basically crashes the game with sometimes an error message. Rainbow 6 on the other hand will just freeze with no error message. I'll have to force end task it.
For random freezes, I'd start with running memtest86 or equivalent for 5+ complete passes to see if there may be easily detectable memory issues. It only takes one error every now and then to ruin your day.

Reactions: daman540