[SOLVED] Ryzen 3000 backwards compatibility

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
Does the 3000 series work okay with backwards compatibility I have a asrock b450 pro4 is there anything more I would have to do excluding the main inhalation of the chip onto the board as well as the cooler accommodated with the cpu? Anything will be appreciated thanks

Solution
If a bios flash fails, the bios can be corrupted not allowing the board to post. Nothing else will be damaged, but a new motherboard will be needed.

Some motherboards have dual bios chips incase one gets corrupt or some boards feature bios flashbacl to fix a bricked board. Yours doesn't.

Just put the bios file on a usb and flash the bios. Further instructions are on your motherboards website. Just make sure not to turn your system off.

三n_- 9

Commendable
May 14, 2019
Can this damage any components of it does end up fucking the mobo? Because I’m wanting to get a new 3700x currently have 1600x n have a 2080 dont get me wrong 1600x is good but it’s a bottleneck at the min and it’s 1st gen n fancy the new ones as they are great value but don’t want to fork out an extra 250 for new mobo atm

If a bios flash fails, the bios can be corrupted not allowing the board to post. Nothing else will be damaged, but a new motherboard will be needed.

Some motherboards have dual bios chips incase one gets corrupt or some boards feature bios flashbacl to fix a bricked board. Yours doesn't.

Just put the bios file on a usb and flash the bios. Further instructions are on your motherboards website. Just make sure not to turn your system off.

Reactions: 三n_- 9
Solution

TRENDING THREADS