Question Ryzen 3000 backwards compatibility

May 14, 2019
Does the 3000 series work okay with backwards compatibility I have a asrock b450 pro4 is there anything more I would have to do excluding the main inhalation of the chip onto the board as well as the cooler accommodated with the cpu? Anything will be appreciated thanks

May 14, 2019
Can this damage any components of it does end up fucking the mobo? Because I’m wanting to get a new 3700x currently have 1600x n have a 2080 dont get me wrong 1600x is good but it’s a bottleneck at the min and it’s 1st gen n fancy the new ones as they are great value but don’t want to fork out an extra 250 for new mobo atm

If a bios flash fails, the bios can be corrupted not allowing the board to post. Nothing else will be damaged, but a new motherboard will be needed.

Some motherboards have dual bios chips incase one gets corrupt or some boards feature bios flashbacl to fix a bricked board. Yours doesn't.

Just put the bios file on a usb and flash the bios. Further instructions are on your motherboards website. Just make sure not to turn your system off.

Reactions: 三n_- 9

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS