[SOLVED] Ryzen 3000 build advice

Feb 8, 2019
Hello,

Building a new system and need some advice. With all the new hardware that's out from AMD, things have gotten super confusing for me and the technicality is going over my head.

I'm majorly a Gamer with very little to no content creation. I only do a bit of streaming and uploading when I have time. I am a complete beginner with overclocking and have not yet attempted it.

So I've decided to go with the Ryzen 3700x (i feel 3800x is not worth the extra clock speed and the 3900x is just overkill). Want to ensure this is properly future proofed for the next 5 or maybe 6 years.

GPU I'm stuck between choosing the AIB versions of the 5700XT and the Nvidia 2080 Super (when they are out).

As for the Mobo, i've decided to go for the X570 mid to high ranged one but super confused. I'm looking for either Asus/Auros/MSI.

Was looking into the Asus x570-E but the other brands I'm still not sure on one.

Note: other components include Lian li 0-11 dynamic , corsiar rm1000x, Gskill trident z 3600 16 (dual stick x 8) and Pm 981 512gb nvme. other components will work on it as i go.

Solution
Roughly patching the parts in my head, seems like you've got a solid backbone for the build. Might want to look into aftermarket cooling and you won't need that much juice from the PSU, rather something with 750W will do in terms of longevity/headroom.

Lutfij

Titan
Roughly patching the parts in my head, seems like you've got a solid backbone for the build. Might want to look into aftermarket cooling and you won't need that much juice from the PSU, rather something with 750W will do in terms of longevity/headroom.

Solution
Feb 8, 2019

Thanks Lutfij.

Well I got offered to buy a bit used (about 3 months used) h100i from a friend. Still a bit paranoid about liquid cooling versus Air cooling.

I rest of the components listed I already purchased the case, PSU and RAM.

This is going to be a big upgrade from my current setup which was an entry level back about 3 years back. :)